Author Topic: Orca Scenario  (Read 1712 times)

Bomber

Orca Scenario
« on: September 16, 2006, 05:42:15 AM »
After about a year, I am back playing the scenarios.  I am unable to get guests to go to my orca show.  I have no user created items, and havent downloaded anything.  I create the show tank, and an exhibit tank right next to it.  I have the grandstands set up w. paths leading to them, but the guests dont fill the seats.  What is wrong?

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Orca Scenario
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 09:27:58 AM »
Have you set-up the show?  Chosen the tricks to be done and in what order?  Do you have a marine scientist to run the show?  Do you have orcas to perform?

Bomber

Orca Scenario
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:37:57 AM »
Yes, I have all the criteria you mentioned.  There are toys in the tank, as well as tricks in the show.  I tried to get a screen shot, but it was too big

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Orca Scenario
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »
Well I don't know if this is your problem, but one mistake I made when I first did a ZT1 Marine show was I actually placed the grandstands backwards.  :blushing:   I couldn't for the life of me figure out why no one would go to the shows, and then I tried finding screenshots of other people's shows and realized what I had thought was the front of the grandstands was actually the back!  :laughing:

Looking at them now I don't know how I made that mistake but go figure.

Also someone who does more ZT1 than me can correct me on this, but while I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my shows, I seem to remember that you should only have one line of path between the grandstands and the show tank, and also that there was some type of bug where you can't actually have the grandstands ON a path (only running in front of them) or people won't go in them.  What should be underneath the grandstands is just terrain.

Hope that helps.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Orca Scenario
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
Yes, Peacenote is correct. People wont use the grandstands if they are more than one path length away from the thank. Kinda silly if you ask me, but that's the way it goes sometimes!

Bomber

Orca Scenario
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 01:50:31 PM »
I think that it is my problem then.  I'll get back to you all tonight.  Thanks

Nope, that is not it..........  I have the grandstands one unit away from the tank and still, no one is sitting down.........
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 05:48:51 PM by Bomber »

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Orca Scenario
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 05:32:02 AM »
Bomber, I don't want to repeat information that's already been posted here, and I would really love to help you. If you are able to take a pic of the orca show using the in-game camera it would be really helpful. You will have to downsize it to 450 x 450 pixels and reduce the file size to post it (which can be done with Paint or any other graphics program). There are some more guidelines here in Section 8 and better instructions in some of the sticky posts here. Good luck, and keep building! :wub:

Bomber

Orca Scenario
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 06:28:42 AM »
I got it now.  It is one unit away from the tank, but the *&@#%! guests didnt sit right away.  NOw they did.  lol