Author Topic: dll file limits  (Read 1372 times)

Offline bcassidy27

• Pooper Scooper
dll file limits
« on: October 30, 2006, 09:29:09 PM »
Dear Everyone,

I currently purchased Zoo Tycoon:  The Complete Collection for Windows XP.  I have been looking at all the wonderful animals and objects in which I can download to my game.  However, I was discouraged when I saw that the dll file limit was only 62 files.  I tried combining the dll files like you can the ztd files but that did not seem to work.  I do not know if this is something that I did wrong or I must use a different method to combine these files.  In other words, is there a way to download all the downloads found on this site as well as others without worrying about the dll limit?  In addition, why is it that you cannot combine the ztd files for the buildings like you can the animals?  Is there a step that I am missing?  Any help you can give me in these matters would be greatly appreciated.  Take care.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
dll file limits
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:02:04 PM »
yes there is a different method to combine the .dll files - but your best best would be to use the combined .dll files that many of the sites have.  Zookeepers Lounge has one, Zoo Tek has 1 (or 2 not quite certain) and we here have about 3 our main one being ZALang03.  the combined .dll for ZA can be found http://zoo.ogresnet.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=23

each one comes with a list of other single dll that it covers.

as for combining the buildings - i have done it with no problems - i actually now only have about 10 ztd in my folder- realanimals, fantasyanimals, buildings, scenery, fountains, rocks, foilage, statues, paths, shelters.  and they all seem to work fine - but even in the combined ztd you do get a limit of how many you can have in there and you do find (especially the animsl) that after a while new animals dont appear if you combine them so i i have to start a new one like realanimals2
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:05:46 PM by RedNotDead »

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
dll file limits
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:26:06 AM »
To have most buildings working you should use the following combined dlls
Each will have a list of the building etc it works. Also remove dlls that it says you can remove

Zoo Admin
ZALang03
langZA01.dll
langZA02.dll
optional: lang050MS.dll

ZooTek
LANG--fern-Tek
Lang ZTF03
Janes lang dll
Combined lang dll

ZTUF
lang--TKZTUFcombin.dll