Author Topic: Suggestion for when you guys make new stuff...  (Read 1626 times)

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Pooper Scooper
Suggestion for when you guys make new stuff...
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:50:08 PM »
How about labeling it? I've downloaded many new things from this site, and in the game, they aren't labeled, so I always forget what they are. If labeling is hard in some way, I apologize. I don't, and can't, create stuff like you guys can, and I have no idea how hard or easy it is. Just a suggestion. Thanks!

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »
What files are you talking about. If they are buildings thall all you need to do is make sure you have the dll required loaded into the Zoo Tycoon folder. Otherwise can you name some?

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »
I mean when I'm looking through the *menu* for buildings to buy. They aren't labeled, and I've forgotten what they are. Are you saying that if I've downloaded it correctly, the names should show up? :yesmaster

Offline Nettie

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.myspace.com/nettiek
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:35:59 PM »
oh i know what their talking about....  When you click on it for info, like animals or plants or anything, it won't say the name if it....  But if you buy animals, it gives them names like 1, 2, 3, etc.....   I found this when all my Downloads were in the C:/Documents/settings/all users/ Application data/ microsoft games/ zootycoon 2/ downloads.........   But when i moved them into the C/Programfiles/ microsoft games/ zootycoon2 main folder, it cleared up for most of the download files, but not all....  I tend to move the user stuff in and out of there (I don't user user made stuff in campaigns, i feel like i'm cheating, lol) but i'll take a look and see what of i got that's still doing that....

[modnotice=penguinman]Just so you know, this is actually for Zoo Tycoon 1. Just a friendly reminder to look at the section first :original:[/modnotice]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 01:39:25 PM by penguinman »

Offline legomannate

• Raptor Pack
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 02:58:20 PM »
You need to download a .dll file not sure where it is nowthough, but that will solve your problems.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:54:42 PM »
Quote from: clockworkgirl21;159347
I mean when I'm looking through the *menu* for buildings to buy. They aren't labeled, and I've forgotten what they are. Are you saying that if I've downloaded it correctly, the names should show up? :yesmaster

That is exactly what we're saying. Each building has a corresponding .dll file. The .dll file is a language file that has all of the info in it for the menu and guest thoughts for it. When you select a building from your menu, it should show you the name of it and the cost to purchase it at the bottom of the menu box. If the .dll isn't install properly, nothing will show up about it. Since a lot of our ZA buildings are now part of a combined .dll file, you'll need to be careful with other downloads to make sure that nothing will conflict with each other. ZA currently has three combined .dll files--LangZA01, LangZA02, and the current file is LangZA03. The first two files contain .dll files for many of the first buildings made for ZT, the third one is the current file with new buildings being added as they are created. The zip file for ZA01 and ZA02 contains a text document that lists all of the user made buildings that are covered by the combined file. The instructions are also listed.

I hope this wasn't too confusing for you. If you have any more questions, please feel free to post them!

LadyZ :wub:

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:14:22 PM »
Most main sites have their own combined dll files. So if you have ZTUF, ZKL or Tek buildings you would also need to get the combined dlls from these sites too.