Author Topic: Exhibits  (Read 2133 times)

Offline cindajean

• Pooper Scooper
Exhibits
« on: January 29, 2005, 08:21:47 PM »
How do you know when the is just right?  Zoo tycoon you had happy faces and sad face to let you know that it is just right.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Exhibits
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 08:31:04 AM »
in this game, the animals arent as picky.  just look at the part where it has the exhibit part in the main part of their control panel. (a rock with trees i think) note: green is bad!  the more empty the square, the better the exhibit.  if you go into the zookeeper recommendations, they wont tell you exactly what to put in, but some of the things the animal likes.  usually they are just happy if they are in their favorite biome.  they can be happy without trees or rocks, but i usually just put a couple in to make it seem more life like.  

also check the zookeeper recommendations to make sure you have:  shelter, enrichment (stimulation), and food/water

Offline Rotipher

• Pooper Scooper
Exhibits
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
Note that the zookeeper's suggestions only show you which *biome*'s foliage to use, not which continent's.  You need to check what part of the world the various trees and shrubs come from, if you want to maximize the educational merit of an exhibit.  For example, only the African violets are appropriate shrubs for the African jungle animals.

Not all toys please all animals equally.  Watch to see which kind of enrichment item a given species goes bananas over (e.g. elephants seem to like pursuit balls more than hippos do), to make sure you're getting good value for the money spent on stimulation.  This is made easier by the fact you can move a toy from one exhibit to another, to find out who's most inclined to play with it.  :-)

Offline cindajean

• Pooper Scooper
Exhibits
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 03:24:11 PM »
Thanks guys that gives me some help. I guess a place to start.

Offline cindajean

• Pooper Scooper
Exhibits
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 08:21:47 PM »
How do you know when the is just right?  Zoo tycoon you had happy faces and sad face to let you know that it is just right.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Exhibits
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 08:31:04 AM »
in this game, the animals arent as picky.  just look at the part where it has the exhibit part in the main part of their control panel. (a rock with trees i think) note: green is bad!  the more empty the square, the better the exhibit.  if you go into the zookeeper recommendations, they wont tell you exactly what to put in, but some of the things the animal likes.  usually they are just happy if they are in their favorite biome.  they can be happy without trees or rocks, but i usually just put a couple in to make it seem more life like.  

also check the zookeeper recommendations to make sure you have:  shelter, enrichment (stimulation), and food/water

Offline Rotipher

• Pooper Scooper
Exhibits
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
Note that the zookeeper's suggestions only show you which *biome*'s foliage to use, not which continent's.  You need to check what part of the world the various trees and shrubs come from, if you want to maximize the educational merit of an exhibit.  For example, only the African violets are appropriate shrubs for the African jungle animals.

Not all toys please all animals equally.  Watch to see which kind of enrichment item a given species goes bananas over (e.g. elephants seem to like pursuit balls more than hippos do), to make sure you're getting good value for the money spent on stimulation.  This is made easier by the fact you can move a toy from one exhibit to another, to find out who's most inclined to play with it.  :-)

Offline cindajean

• Pooper Scooper
Exhibits
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 03:24:11 PM »
Thanks guys that gives me some help. I guess a place to start.

Offline Gibbon-Fanatic

• ZA Designer
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://s12.invisionfree.com/zootoria/index.php?act=idx
Exhibits
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 08:35:29 PM »
i love the way for can make the exhibits as Foresty or barren as you want, It makes the game more realistic. For example Bengal tigers in the wild live in more Scrub than Rainforest, the tigers in Zt2 like the scrub biome and they look awsome on it.