Author Topic: Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2  (Read 48970 times)

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2005, 11:26:44 AM »
I want to know if any one else has noticed that the adult guests seem to get stuck at the drinking fountains. First they wait in line, then they "get a drink" which they really just walk through the fountain, :blink  then they wait in line at another drinking fountain and
it starts all over again. Has anyone else had this problem? :erm

EDIT: Ok this is my first time starting a topic so if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry. Also if some else has a simialar topic sorry I did not see it.

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2005, 12:01:09 PM »
Yeah! It drove me crazy!
I reinstalled the dl....then it worked.

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2005, 12:05:54 PM »
I've never had this problem. Perhaps you should only put one drinking fountain at one particular place :happy

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2005, 01:25:30 PM »
I tried putting only one in at a time that didn't work. At least I think I tried that...?

How did you unistal the DL? Which folder do you find it in to unistal?

Offline froy87

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2005, 01:30:08 PM »
I have the same problem but all my guess can´t drink inthe fountain (kids too)

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2005, 01:42:05 PM »
Your kids can't drink out of it too? That's odd... the kids in my zoo can. I wonder if BlueFang is going to make a patch. Like with the black leapord and its "gift fix".

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2005, 01:58:20 PM »
I don't have a problem with my drinking fountain......

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2005, 02:57:02 PM »
:blink What?! That's not fair!! :sad I mean lucky you!! So why is it buggy on some computers but not others? Mabe they updated the download insted of realising a patch for it. hhmmm... :huh

Ruffed Lemur

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2005, 10:13:41 PM »
I have found that all my guests feel more hungry, tired, grumpy and even....you wont believe this............thirsty!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
    • http://
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2005, 10:43:11 PM »
Well at first I thought I didn't have a problem, but after closer scrutiny it seems that only the kids can drink out of it, the adults, although they don't seem to really get stuck, just - as you stated - walk right on through. :blink

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2005, 05:00:03 AM »
That's what I meant.
When I said "they get stuck" I meant they wouldn't stop going back to the fountain(s), like once they go to get a drink they then get "stuck" having to keep "getting" drinks, though they don't ever seem to get a drink...So they literally won't do anything esle, they won't rest, they won't eat, and they won't even go to the bathroom. It's like the fountain hypnotizes them.

Offline MinGraphics

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2005, 11:31:21 AM »
I have been watching for days to see if someone else had this happen to them, They stand in line and complain, I thought I was nuts but I have noticed that they don't use the benchs to sit when I have one on the map, when I deleate them everything goes back to normal.

I also have noticed that when I have one of the staff centers all my workes get lazy and let animals starve, what is up with that??

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2005, 12:08:04 PM »
Yeah, I know. NEVER build a staff center. The zookeepers are morons who like slacking off on benches, letting the animals starve.

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2005, 01:12:26 PM »
You said it! The zookeeper's lazyness and the drinking fountain are 2 things that BlueFang REALLY need to fix!

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2005, 02:49:33 AM »
I disagree. If you put a zookeeper down to do a job he does it and the water fountain does work OK. Anyway these things must be very hard to make in the first place considering every thing else they've got right :happy

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2005, 12:38:31 PM »
Ya yes I know. Just read what I said in the post about  the guest download. I know these things take a long time. But here is the problem in my edition of ZT2 my zookeepers get lazy after a while, and my drinking fountain does not work correctly. BF may have fixxed the download for those who downloaded it later on, sometime after I did anyway. If you wach the kids have no problem with the fountain, it's the adults that do. They keep going back to the fountain and doing nothing else, PERIOD! You may just be lucky not to have that problem.

Offline MinGraphics

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2005, 12:44:58 PM »
Hay if it works for you, oh boy!!  I assume you disagree because it works for you.

It still sucks for some of us, it is a new item and I would think it should work and not a cause more problems.
My zoo keepers are so lazy my animals need food and the pens cleaned all the time and I have to do it.

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2005, 01:27:09 AM »
Well employ more staff! and your saying that I said it was OK and I disagree becasue it works for me. Well I've tried it on other peoples computers and if you put it in the right place its bound to work. Anyway not everything on the game works properly for everyone :happy

Offline MinGraphics

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2005, 08:00:35 AM »
"Well employ more staff! "

Hay why diden't I think of that, I guess two per pen is not enough!!
Ok kid give me a break, I have been playing this game for years, I have all 5 star zoos, but zookeepers are still LAZY they walk right past the 10 piles of poop to sit on a bench, that is not normal, I don't care who's computer you are playing on.

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2005, 08:13:23 AM »
Oh well we can't seem to agree. I see what you mean I suppose :happy

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2005, 12:36:15 PM »
What did u mean when u said that the drinking fountains work if they are placed in the right spot? Could u please enlighten us to what u mean by the "right spot" so we can see if it will work for us.

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2005, 03:10:59 PM »
Remember how I said mine worked good before?

Well............. Now it dosen't!

BTW, the zookeepers are very, let's just say not smart :lol:

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2005, 02:50:56 PM »
Wow. It used to work and now it doesn't? That's weird.

SauronSLO

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2005, 11:40:28 AM »
Hi all!

The game have a big problem with AI. My guests are walking around the drinking fountain and saying that they are thirsty and they are angry because they can't drink because they are stupid. I tried with one, two, three,... fountains, and it is allways the same. They don't know how to drink. Maybe every 100 guest drink from funtain other just walking arond like they are stupid.

But the problem with drinking fontain is not all. My guests don't know how to sit on bench. They walking around my park and saying that they are tired and need rest, but they just walking by benches and don't want to sit down. I have a lot of benches.

Sometimes my guest can't find restrooms, because there is not enough of restrooms, only infinitely restrooms I have. They are really stupid.

I have the last version of game, so the game need a big AI update as fast as possible.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2005, 08:40:37 PM »
Yeah, mine has problems, too.  First of all, it attracts EVERYONE.  There is always a line, and if I add more, it desn't help at all.  The guests wait in line, and then whenever they are done they get mad about not having enough amusement!