Author Topic: Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2  (Read 45822 times)

Offline PurpleHippo

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2005, 02:02:49 PM »
hi all this is my first post
I found a bug (don't know if it has already been reported) where when a zoo grows significantly in challenge mode some people stop moving and when clicked on, display the message "looking for something to do". Also near the entrance of the zoo where new guest spawn they spawn there but don't enter the zoo ... is there a workaround or is there a patch coming to fix this?

PS I have two savegames that have this problem in two different zoos if someone would like to take a look I could upload them

:lol About the 'nothing to do problem', that's not a bug. You just need to put more animals and kiosks and stuff like that to entertain them. They may also do this if they're in the middle of nowhere and can't get out. About the entrance "bug", you have something in the way of their path. Just delete anything directly near the entrance and they should find a way through.

Offline guspav

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2005, 12:16:09 AM »
Originally posted by PurpleHippo@Dec 9 2005, 04:02 PM
hi all this is my first post
I found a bug (don't know if it has already been reported) where when a zoo grows significantly in challenge mode some people stop moving and when clicked on, display the message "looking for something to do". Also near the entrance of the zoo where new guest spawn they spawn there but don't enter the zoo ... is there a workaround or is there a patch coming to fix this?

PS I have two savegames that have this problem in two different zoos if someone would like to take a look I could upload them

:lol About the 'nothing to do problem', that's not a bug. You just need to put more animals and kiosks and stuff like that to entertain them. They may also do this if they're in the middle of nowhere and can't get out. About the entrance "bug", you have something in the way of their path. Just delete anything directly near the entrance and they should find a way through. [/b]
I'm sorry to tell you this, friend, but they display those "nothing to do" messages in my food courts, in front of my animals' biomes in front of shops  and bathrooms and right in the place where they first spawn there was absolutely nothing blocking the way, also I tried closing the zoo to empty it of people and it worked once, then at a certain point this "bug" or whatever it is reappeared.

Offline Martin

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2005, 08:24:31 AM »
Hi, I have a problem with the skins!
The black bear and the brown bear haven't skins
since I have installed ES. :blink

Offline maxthedog

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://nishadmathur.googlepages.com/
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2005, 02:37:57 PM »
any body ever notice that in zoo keeper mode that some guests  are headless, or there head is about 6 meters from there necks

Offline LemurGirl

• Zookeeper
    • http://madagascarfans.proboards52.com
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2005, 08:14:56 PM »
In the regular ZT2 (I don't know if this occurs with the ES) low fences will even hold in animals like elephants! This should really be fixed on account of it makes the game very unrealistic.

Offline Trex

• Zookeeper
    • http://comcast.net
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2005, 08:21:08 PM »
That's not a bug, the elephant's too big to jump over a low fence.

Offline belugababy

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2005, 04:59:44 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug but I keep getting peeps in my exhibits and I don't know how they get there?  Maybe they are falling throught the elevated paths or something.  Again I have reloaded my game with ES four times and after a while of game play if I add the galapacos turtle my game crashes.  Game play lasts about hour and a half to two hours.  I can't seem to get anywhere in my game without having to reinstall all the time.  I have no user created items although I would like to use them.  Help!!!!! :(

Offline Flipside82

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2005, 06:44:31 AM »
Anybody out there ever have transparent animals in there zoos.  I put a pair of penguins in my zoo today, and one of them looked like a ghost.  It was completely see through.  I also have animals that do things other than what they say they're doing.  (EXAMPLE:  Had a Moose that said it was going to eat , but instead walked over to a tree and groomed itself)

Offline LemurGirl

• Zookeeper
    • http://madagascarfans.proboards52.com
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2005, 09:55:43 AM »
Originally posted by Trex+Dec 13 2005, 10:21 PM-->
QUOTE (Trex @ Dec 13 2005, 10:21 PM)
That's not a bug, the elephant's too big to jump over a low fence. [/b]
Yeah, but couldn't they just bust right through?  :huh
(Well, actually, that's kind of a stupid question regarding elephants because they could probably bust through a regular fence too...but none, NONE of my animals have ever broken out of any type of fence...even 10 years later! (Yes, I have been playing the same game for 10 game years now)).

\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t