Author Topic: Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2  (Read 45811 times)

Offline TheTycoonTycoon

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2006, 12:48:12 AM »
when i said "and all that stuff" (referring to what i tried, to get rid of the bounce house), i guess i meant that to include bulldozing it :blink...so yes i tried bulldozing it, which didnt work. it was an idestructable bounce house, so i was powerless in my feeble attempts to remove it. :crazy

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2006, 02:26:06 AM »
Does anyone know if animals can get in and out of both sides of a concrete shelter?

Yesterday I put one in a Javan Rhino exhibit against a zoo wall, the Rhino went in and never came out again.
Strange thing is there were 2 rhinos in the exhibit and only one left.  :blink

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2006, 03:30:59 AM »
Back and front ? :blink

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2006, 04:23:59 AM »
As in the small section at the back of the shelter with a little window, I usually place this bit against fences and walls.

I always wonder if the guests can see through that little window...

Offline Pavocristantus

• Zookeeper
  • We eat Ham and Jam and Spamalot!
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2006, 06:38:19 AM »
my rhinos somehow manage to climb out of the back window of the concrete shelter when  it is next to the exibit wall!

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »
I've had animals climb out the back of their shelters and end up outside the zoo.  Camels seem to do this the most for me.  Very funny.

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2006, 07:42:22 PM »
Baby animals that cannot swim are born in water :angry !!!

Offline Ada

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2006, 07:57:51 AM »
I get the Musk Ox and Camels corssing the main Zoo wall problem.
Another problem is the Blue Fang's Black panther, which is metallic blue for some reason, even on high graphic settings. I made a thread about it, can someone help me with this?

Offline Midnightstar5555

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2006, 08:09:52 AM »
Originally posted by Ada@Feb 20 2006, 09:57 AM
I get the Musk Ox and Camels corssing the main Zoo wall problem.
Another problem is the Blue Fang's Black panther, which is metallic blue for some reason, even on high graphic settings. I made a thread about it, can someone help me with this?
I have no idea how to fix that! Anyway when i adopt a musk ox it's horns are brown for a few seconds, mostly males! :nuts

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2006, 08:26:33 AM »
My geusts will go outside the zoo and walk around the zoo wall and get thristy and hungry and complain about every thing. It is so annoying!!  Also some of my guests will walk around without heads and some without bodies. At first it was kind of funny, but when over half of my zoo has lost there heads it gets annoying. I know it is not a graphics card problem becuse my computer is new. The settings are also on high. Also sometimes I will have really good zoo and then all my guests will leave. No matter what I do they will not  come back and the guests are not turned off with the button that hides stuff. That can be so annoying!!!!   :><

Offline tigeress

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2006, 05:19:42 PM »
I just loaded the ES pack on mine and everytime I build a raised walkway or lookout area, the people get stuck on it and don't seem to be able to get off of them..... Any one else having this problem???

Offline harleyeclipse

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »
I am having this same porblem as well, thought it's just ocassionaly. Sometimes I find it helps to rebuild the bridge/elevated path.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2006, 05:48:45 PM »
Howdy, Tigeress! It's nice to meet you! After this, go on over to Introductions and meet everyone else! You'll find there's another Tigeress here, but her name is Tigeress_10. I'm sure she'll greet you in Introductions! :lol

Now, I can't say I've ever had that problem, but did you complete the tutorial in the Endangered Species Campaign? The first one is on elevated paths. That might help you.  :happy

Offline tigeress

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2006, 06:28:26 PM »
Yes, I did all the tutorials.  I've tried to redo the paths and made sure I placed one up elevation and one down elevation, but that doesn't seem to work either,  they still get stuck.

I'm heading over to introductions now.....thanks alot!

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2006, 03:30:07 PM »
tigeress:

it's not just you, it's happened to me before and nothing in the tutorial covers it. I think it may have something to do with the elevation...sometimes, when making an elevated path and going from the "rising" to the "flat" path, the pathway goes up VERY sharply and guests can't climb it. When that happens I usually pause the game, delete the section, and play with it until it looks like the elevation is less steep and more gradual. It's a severe pain I agree and hopefully can be fixed in a later edition/patch.

I have gotten in the habit of checking my elevated paths for this problem whenever my guests are VERY unhappy, as usually they are hungry, tired, thirsty and mad when "Stuck" on the ramp. Once i fix that and pick up and "Drop off" said guests near a bench or food stand, they get happier and my fame increases.

Something else I've noticed with elevated paths: over exhibits where elevated paths stretch , I'll find guests randomly walking around IN the exhibit below. I'm guessing they're "falling off" the path... but even with the stone wall path this happens. Also happens with my sky trams, but not jeep circuits.

Anyone else notice this?

Offline tigeress

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2006, 07:39:55 AM »
Yes, I too have found people running around in my exhibits like that.  And they don't even realize they are in the exhibit.....lol.   Also, I have played with the paths and I think I have figured out my problem with the people getting stuck.  In my zoo, I was trying to build lookout areas using the elevated path.  My exhibit was dug out and the walkway for the people was up above, so I was going to build elevated lookout over the exhibits for my people.  Well, I started off putting the first elevation on the edge and thats when I noticed the people were "sticking".  So last night I was playing with it and I moved the first elevation tile to start going up 1 tile before the edge and it seemed to work, at least they weren't getting stuck after I did that.   Hope this helps anyone else who is having the same problem.

Offline CosmicCat

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2006, 02:02:34 PM »
The male lion and female, or is it male? kangaroo are invisible!

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2006, 07:11:51 AM »
There is already a topic on this issue, but I thought it would be a good idea to add it here. In AA, some people seem to be having a graphics problem with their animals - the animals flicker between what they normally are supposed to look like, to black or white. Also, the guests lose their clothes and just walk around naked.

Offline CosmicCat

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2006, 03:35:16 PM »
In AA, there is a bug with the 20th animal.  Guests will start running around screaming, and when you click on them it says the 20th animal is chasing them, but it's still in its exhibit!  The only way to make the guests shut up is to crate and then uncrate the animal.

Offline KoalaBoy

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2006, 03:52:38 PM »
that happens with the meercats with me! Also I use the concrete fencing so they can't get out, so i have no idea what it is.:pinch:

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2006, 04:11:40 PM »
CosmicCat and KoalaBoy, this is already a known issue with ZT2, and ES in particular. Apparently they did not fix it in AA.

Offline Littlemog

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »
Activating certain challenges seems to trigger off that "Nothing to do" bug that eventually results in no guests arriving at all. They also have problems detecting boundries of the zoo - attempted to enter through the walls on a beeline to the exhibits before realising "actually the gate's over there" (Usually they walk in a straight line to the gate, right?) And guests leaving may even walk through the walls on their way out.

It's also not a case of placing/moving objects or not having enough stuff. The instant I click "accept challenge", about 30% of the time the bug will go off (as in nothing's blocking the entrance, the same animals are there and if I load the game and play it until the same calendar time without accepting a challenge the bug doesn't happen)

This has rather annoying implications on challenge mode (saving every 3-4 minutes anyone?) But luckily I've never had it happen on a challenge you can't reject (like the earthquake or strike one)

This is in ZT2 and ES. Anyone got this in AA?

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »
I found what I think is a bug, but it's a little hard to describe so here goes.  It's something that happens to me in ZT2, ES, and AA:

Usually when you perform research the game lets you know when the research is complete with a message.  Research the binoculars, and it'll let you know when it's done.  Same with, say, the family restaurant.  However, if you are building an exhibit and placing things through the animal information box (zookeeper's recommendations) and you need to research something (say, the live lizards or the pursuit ball) the game never tells you that the research is done, unless you click back on the animal you had open when you told it to research the object.

I find this to be annoying as many times I will want to go back to designing the exhibit once the research is complete.  However if you have a busy zoo it's easy to forget to go back, especially if you're never told that the research is complete.

I don't know if this is actually a bug, or if for some reason the game was made that way, but I feel that it should let you know about these research items the same as anything else.  In my opinion, of course!  : :) :

Offline Nightshade

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2006, 12:48:14 PM »
yea, i have a lot of bugs in my game.  

• Animals start drowning in dirt
  • animals dissappear mysteriously (i had an exhibit with two javan rhinos in it, and after while, i noticed that messages never popped up about them, and i saw that they had dissappeared from their exhibit.  i know that they didn't die, i had just gotten them, and they didn't show up on the animal checklist, soooo...???)
  • animals get outside of the main wall and disappear
  • animals get into each others exhibits when tall cliffs are in between the exhibits
  • a message pops up that says "so-and-so is not contained" and the animal is contained
  • guests think that "so-and-so looks odd using that shelter" when it's a recommended shelter.
  • animals get thirsty and hungry when their is accessable food and water in their exhibit.
  • zoo keepers can't reach poo or food or whatever and it's right there
  • when i put, let's say, snow over dirt or something, when i move away, the dirt reappears, and when i go back, it goes away.  it does this with paths, too.
  • animals and zoo keepers and guests walk through objects, like trees, rocks, jeeps, each other, etc.
  • animals call to other animals out of their species, like i had a caribu calling to a wolverine. is that supposed to happen? i can understand a caribu calling to a musk ox, but a wolverine or wolf?
  • animals go 'ghost' (transparent)
  • animals will kill their siblings.
  • messages will pop up that say 'so-and-so can't find a mate' when there's an animal they can mate with that is in their exhibit.
  • and this one is hard to explain, so i'll show you a pic:

• and this happens a lot, like i had a huge checkerboard pattern in one place, and stuff like that.  it's like the orginal code that they graph the animation over or something, i dunno.

yea, that's all the bugs that come to mind as of now, but i'm pretty sure i can think of more....:laughing:

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2006, 01:41:39 PM »
I've had Javan rhinos disappear before - it was because I'd put the shelter against the outer wall of the zoo - there's a bug where the animal comes out of the back of the shelter regardless if there's a fence (or in my case the wall) in the way.

As such my rhinos appeared outside the walls of the zoo and promptly escaped...