Author Topic: Peacenote1 Zoos  (Read 22063 times)

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2005, 03:55:48 PM »
Next up is the Persian Leopard exhibit.  At this point it is only accessible from the SWA/Quagga Exhibit path, although I may add access from the other side later.  I particularly like the way this exhibit turned out.  I tried two new things - a step technique, and an "invisible" fence for the viewing area.  The cliff keeps the Persian Leopards in the exhibit, and the little fence the guests can't see keeps them from walking over the edge.

Here's a view from the guest area, not zoomed in at all.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2005, 04:05:41 PM »
Here's a picture of one on top of the elevated sleeping platform.  I just love the Persian Leopard coats!

Here's another nursing picture.  I couldn't resist...so cute!!!

This guy has a lot to say!

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2005, 04:14:15 PM »
Excellent job. That scrub waterfall exhibit is awesome.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2005, 10:17:17 PM »
Thanks!  :)

Next up is the Forest Elephant/Eastern Bongo exhibit.  You can either make your way back to the Saola/Pygmy Hippo exhibit, or, if you're at the back of the zoo, go back to the high food court and exit the side path, which leads straight to the exhibit!

Here is the overview:

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2005, 10:22:13 PM »
Here's a shot of the two species happily coexisting.  The Eastern Bongo is trotting and the Forest Elephant is exiting the water.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2005, 10:23:26 PM »
A Forest Elephant spraying water.   :happy

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2005, 10:24:31 PM »
And an Eastern Bongo curled up.  I love the coats on these guys!

Offline chimp

• Pooper Scooper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2005, 10:41:09 AM »
There all so beautiful! I really like the leapord pictures! :wub  I am going to have to try some stuff with elevation and be more creative!

Great Work!

Offline Nez

• Pooper Scooper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2005, 06:14:38 AM »
wow, brilliant pics. I especially liked the mixed ostrich/rhino exhibit. well done, can't wait til tomorrow now, zoo tycoon 2 at last :)

Offline misskerry

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2006, 09:32:14 AM »
wow!  I'm so inspired!!  absolutely beautiful!   I love all the sunken exhibits.  how does the zookeeper get in and out...or do you just have one 'locked in' to each exhibit?

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2006, 10:00:27 AM »
Excellent work! The Eastern Bongo is beautiful!

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »
I am surprised to see some fairly recent comments in here, since I haven't updated in a while!   :rolleyes   But thanks, you guys, I am planning on putting up some more shots soon, since I'm getting the creative bug again.

And, misskerry, that's exactly what I did, just locked a zookeeper in each exhibit and gave him (or her) a bench.  For this zoo I didn't worry about money at all, although actually I think it does make money.  Some of the exhibits actually have 2 'keepers.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2006, 12:23:55 PM »
Peacenote1, Have you ever considered uploading an ES zoo??  :wtg   :idea (Pease, Please..... :whistle )

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2006, 01:59:12 PM »
As sad as it is, I haven't really "finished" a zoo I've loved since the ES came out, because I've been so busy doing other things, like learning how to make stuff!   :lol

However, I'd be happy to try and make one for my next Show and Tell project, and if you like it, I'll upload it.   :happy Since you suggested, any requests?  Jeep or Sky Tram?  User downloads or no?

• Zookeeper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2006, 04:23:42 PM »
I'll leave it up to you... I download most user-created animals, so if you decide to use some, chances are that I will have them.  But, I basically just want a decent zoo to play, and since building never seems to go well for me, I'm open to anything...Just have fun and be creative!! :approve

Offline shiela

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.geocities.com/jerzy_bear/index.html?1144296737562
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2006, 07:28:45 PM »
how in the world do you take overhead pics like that?
i must say you have patience, i would never beable to do what you have done. i'd throw my comp. out the window before i did something that amazing!!! :swow

• Zookeeper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2006, 10:41:14 AM »
Originally posted by shiela@Mar 9 2006, 10:28 PM
how in the world do you take overhead pics like that?
I hope it isn't inappropriate and/or out of line for me to answer a question here :erm , being that it is Peacenote1's thread, but I noticed the question and figured I could answer it real quick...
Shiela, to capture over head pics, just position your overhead view over what you want a pic of, hit the Print Screen key on your keyboard, minimize the game, open Microsoft Paint (other photo editing programs may work, but I've only used this one for this, and anyone running Windows should have it :happy).  Once Paint is open, just click on Edit --> Paste (or right-click on the blank document then click Paste), and Voila!!  I hope you have fun taking great overhead shots like Peacenote1's cool pics!!   :fireworks

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
Hi Jill. Great pics as always.  :wtg

Sorry to refer to pics you posted so long ago (september!), but can I ask where you got your Asian Black Bears from? I couldn't see them in the downloads section here.

Thanks! :D

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2006, 10:59:13 AM »
Sure, that's OK.  I am working on a new zoo now and will be posting pics VERY soon!  (I know I keep saying that but I actually started one the other day!!!)

My Asian Black Bears are the infamous you-can-only-get-them-if-you-buy-the-ZTCellphone game bears.  I bought the game for my cell phone for like $2.99, spent an unfun time unlocking everything, and got to download it.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2006, 09:00:06 PM »
OK, as I've promised, I've started a new zoo!  I hope you guys like it.  (I may go back to the previous zoo eventually, but I was having performance problems with it and got frustrated!)

This zoo is a new zoo in Africa, medium-sized.  It's so new, in fact, that an official name has not been chosen.  It's growing every day, and the zoo administrators want as much publicity as possible.  They've hired a photographer who has free reign throughout the zoo at any hour to try and capture great shots of their zoo.  This zoo is designed to make you forget you're in the desert, with lots of lush foliage.  There are 5 full time gardeners on staff right now!  It also aims to be quirky, and to make the guests feel surrounded and immersed in the animals and biomes that it is featuring.  Here are some of the pictures the photographer has published:

Here's the entrance.  I personally found it to be exceptionally beautiful and inviting, when I visited.   ;)

To the left and right of the entrance path are patios, where guests can stop (or return) to rest and reflect.

The first animal exhibit, which surrounds the entrance, belongs to the rare South China Tiger.  If that doesn't bring the guests in, I don't know what will!   :lol You can see from this overhead shot the zoo entrance, the elevated path, and the surrounding exhibit, complete with waterfall.  The Sky Tram tour is ready for expansion, but no circuit has been built yet.

Here's a good view of the Tiger exhibit with the elevated paths transparent.  (The zoo entrance is on the left.)  Note the ground level viewing area, where you can get up close and personal with the magnificent animals.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2006, 09:08:10 PM »
 Next the photographer (who has zookeeper training  :P ) got to enter the exhibit.  Here's a great shot of a tiger advancing.

Shot of a South China Tiger peacefully drinking against a backdrop of bamboo.  Look at that cute tail!

We've already had some new arrivals, one boy and one girl.  I'm not sure which this is, but look at those cute little feet!  The babies sure are playful.   :happy

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2006, 09:11:04 PM »
 One thing I've noticed is that these tigers cannot seem to get enough of the water!  There always seems to be at least one swimming around at all times.  I love how this one holds its head above the water.

Even the cubs love the water!

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2006, 09:14:45 PM »
 I almost forgot!  This picture was taken as the South China Tiger was being built.  I couldn't believe how beautiful the sky looked during this sunset.  See the pink reflected in the waterfall? :sun

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2006, 09:16:40 PM »
Yay! I love this zoo. The exhibit is so beautiful and I love the lay-out of the zoo. I can't wait to see some of the other exhibits!  :)

Offline rexy_rox1000

• Pooper Scooper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
:wow how did u do such amasing zoos? i could never do that