Author Topic: Genki's Screens  (Read 20623 times)

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« on: March 06, 2006, 06:11:44 PM »
Here is a Savannah rest area.  These 2 restaurants serve the entire zoo (small map), and the guests are extremely happy.  I made this zoo with NO UCI's, and did not have CC at the time.  
Zoo stats are:
Zoo Rating = 95
Guest Happiness = 93
Animal Happiness = 98

More information and the zoo itself can be found at ZTUF, HERE

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:27:49 PM »
The Botu is a wonderous creature:  Elegant blond woman in a blue gown on land, dolphin in the aquatic state.  This scene shows the botu in a forested church setting:

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 06:30:09 PM »
A waterfall flowing down through the forested landscape in the early Autumn.

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Genki's Screens
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 10:24:51 PM »
:wtg Great shots Genki. Keep them coming please

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »
Beautiful zoo genkicoll !

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 06:17:02 AM »
Those are beautiful!  Very well themed, keep up the good work!

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 11:02:36 AM »
Didn't know that Giraffes are into Pilates, did'ja?

An experiment I did to test the Yin-Yang path that was requested by a Tek member (shown with the Licorice Swirl path)

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 11:09:40 AM »
We had a lot of fun over at Tek with last month's Mystery Date contest, and my "date" and I were assigned a Savannah/Desert theme.  This is the entrance to the zoo:

And a viewing area for the Savannah mixed exhibit.  The other exhibit with the broken bust in it is African Wild dogs:

njbums was a great date!  I'll let him (her??) show his own areas off ;)

This zoo and all of the other Mystery Date Zoos can be found HERE.  Screenshots on page 3 and zoos on page 4 :)

Offline njbums

• Copa Cabana
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
Genki's Screens
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »
Great screenshots Genkicoll - I especially like the Giraffe one  :hehe  

You did amazing job with contest zoo, I just tried to follow your lead. I had a lot of fun on our date. Thanks

I'll post the sections I completed later today.

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 04:00:58 PM »
Experimenting with UCI's

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 04:11:17 PM »
Animal conversations Dr. Doolittle might hear:

Ever wonder what happens when a T-rex tramples a small bathroom?  I only made 2 adjustments to this picture:  Made it bigger so you could really see it and added the wording. :hehe

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Genki's Screens
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 12:25:08 AM »
:very funny These are soooo funny. Thanks Genki I needed that.

Offline Ala Okeissua

• Pooper Scooper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 08:24:37 AM »
Really enjoyed your savannah pics.  It's not easy to make that terrain type look interesting.  Great job.  Looking forward to more pics.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 08:35:22 AM »
he, these are so funny !!!! :lol: , great work genkicoll !! :wtg

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »
great pics!!!  The funny pics are hilarious!!!  And everything is well placed!  Beautiful job!!!  Keep up the great work!

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 09:09:55 AM »
I wanted to make a screenshot in a semi-formal setting using some of my favorite creations. I also experimented to see if the items from the clay, brick and secret garden packs would look OK together, and it seems they do! :wtg

What you can't tell from the screenshot is that all the water is animated (waterfalls, fountains and the water surrounding them)

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 09:30:45 AM »
:swow

Offline Firehawke

• Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »
great job!!!  Everything is beautiful and the layout is perfect!  Keep up the great work!

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 07:52:50 AM »
I have 2 zoos I am working on right now, and with this one, I wanted to do something a little different with my zoo entrance.  Walking straight ahead into the zoo will bring you to the rest area, where you can dine AND view animals every which way you look!  Here in our Exhibition Zoo entrance area, you will find Komodo Dragons and Crocodiles on your left, and Caudiptyrex and Anteaters on your right.

At the time this picture was taken, guest happiness had just hit 95 :wtg If you'll take a closer look, you'll see that guests are confined to ONLY the entrance area, with the rest of the park blocked off with decorative fencing.  There are 2 reasons for this at the moment:  1st, I haven't done any other building yet! :hehe and more importantly, this method will garner you LOTS of benefactors.  I'll add at least 3 exhibits on ONE SIDE of the entrance before I open that side up for guests to peruse, then do the same for the other sides.  Using this method, I have one zoo with over 600 benefactors.  You read that right - Six HUNDRED!!!

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 09:00:20 AM »
Wow, 600! Great tip Genki! And that entrance looks great!  :wtg

Offline Firehawke

• Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 09:56:55 AM »
600!?!?!?!  Wow!!!  That is a ton of benefactors!  I can't blame them---your zoos are great!  I love the layout of the Exhibition Zoo!  Keep up the great work Master Zoo Builder!

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 08:01:14 AM »
Heading to the left of the entrance, we continue with the rainforest theme.  On your left side you'll find an exhibit of very happy Bengal and White Bengal Tigers.

and on your right, Black Leopards share their exhibit with Clouded Leopards - suitability for these animals is 99 & 98, respectively.

TIP: When you're starting off with mixed exhibits, the best way to do so is to build the animal exhibits side by side, separated by only a fence.  When you get the animal suitability as high as you can, then delete the fence separating them.  Tweak as needed :)

You can see that there is still decorative fencing blocking the guests' path because I haven't finished building past this area.  Guest happiness is now at 97 with 351 guests :D

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Genki's Screens
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 08:31:18 AM »
Your zoos are really beautiful!  I really like the garden pack screenshot - it sure looks like a place I would like to walk through!

Offline KingCow

• Pooper Scooper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 09:12:45 AM »
wow, that leopard-mix exhibit rox! but I have a little pet peeve; i don't like the iron bar fence. since you have the elevated viewing area, you should change the leveled fence to a concrete fence, without the windows. then it would give the guests more of a surprise, and it looks much more realistic. other than that, the zoo looks awesome!

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »
I leave the fencing as iron-bar until the animals start to feel crowded (unless they're usually shy, in which case I start with the rock wall) because the more the guests see happy animals, the happier THEY are! :D

As guests pass the great cats, they will come to a corner where they see Mandrills on their left, and an Okapi/Bongo mixed exhibit straight ahead.  Because the Okapi are so picky, their exhibit suitability is at 99%, while the Bongos have an 89% suitability.  Animal happiness for both species is 100%, and both have had babies :D

Continuing around the corner, the guests will see a rest area with an animal theater, playground for the kids and restaurant...

...and a chimpanzee area on their left.