Author Topic: Genki's Screens  (Read 20622 times)

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
Genki's Screens
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2006, 09:37:06 AM »
Wow genki, those are neat! Lots and lots of downloads  :shocked  :wtg

Offline KingCow

• Pooper Scooper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »
that looks more like a city than your zoos look like real zoos! and your zoos look pretty real!  :wtg

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2006, 12:51:48 PM »
:wow Those are amazing!! Beautiful pictures and zoos. :wtg

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2006, 01:31:50 PM »
Thank you so much :blush

Here's another spin on the City by the Sea, another entry.  I think I got 2nd or 3rd place on this:

Yet another contest, this one a zoo which had to have a central court for the guests to gather in.  This zoo had official content only:

Offline Seraphii

• Signed, sealed, delivered
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Genki's Screens
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2006, 05:58:14 PM »
Those are Beautiful!!
amazing work
i love it keep up the good work

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2006, 06:20:24 PM »
This was another contest zoo that had to be all marine animals, and it was either a large or medium map (can't remember which).  I chose to go with an Atlantean/rainforest theme for it, and filled the whole map somehow :rolleyes
The entrance:

Beluga/mermaid viewing area:

Narwhales:

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2006, 07:23:18 PM »
Originally posted by genkicoll@Apr 15 2006, 12:31 PM
I think I got 2nd or 3rd place on this
That's it?! :lol
These pictures are so amazing. You are a great zoobuilder!  :wtg

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2006, 07:52:58 PM »
hehe, there's some amazing competition!  The person who got 1st place on the City by the Sea contest had something incredibly original and breathtaking :D  And thank you so much for the compliment!

In the MM zoo, here's an overview shot of the bay towards the back of the zoo.  The invisible fence was used to create 2 exhibits within the bay:

And another overview towards the front of the zoo:

EDIT:  I'm looking for a user created animal that I'm sure I saw here at ZA, but now I can't find it.  Can anyone point me towards the equine (horse/unicorn) that has a mane of fire??

Offline njbums

• Copa Cabana
  • Senior Zookeeper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »
The Saltwater croc picture is awesome.
 :heaster1

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2006, 11:01:26 AM »
I've started a new zoo, and I'll be using all user-created animals, as this zoo has a volcanic theme.  I've never used the lava path (despite having created it :P), and that's what inspired this zoo. :D  Instead of giving a creative tour, I'll be rating the animals as I go.

Here by the entrance we have the Mythic Salamander (top exhibit) and the Lavagator (bottom exhibit):

I like the Mythic Salamander, but it's exhibit is extremely boring.  It requires solid gray stone, and lava pits, volcanoes and such are habitat neutral, but it will not tolerate any foliage or rocks, and the highest suitability I can get it is 81% - with the colorful ferns I put in, the suitability dropped to 80%.
Conversely, the Lavagator is one of my favorite user-created animals ever!  They're black gators at first glance, but glow red around the edges in the water.  Lovely exhibit that needs brown and gray stone, dirt and salt water, as well as some elevation.  Guests absolutely love this animal (I'll get back to you on the Mythic Salamanders, I forgot to look :P)

When I took this shot, what you see is all there is in the zoo, and guest happiness had just hit 96%!

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 01:42:08 PM »
Excellent job! I especially like the Rainforest Atlantis pics!

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »
To the other side of the entrance you will find Volcanic Unicorns (on the right) and Pyro Zebras (on the left).  Both are programmed to have volcanoes/tar pits in their exhibits with no effect on their happiness, making for some interesting exhibits :D

They are programmed closely enough that they can go in a combined exhibit, but I'm a stickler where exhibit suitability is concerned, so these 2 exhibits are separated by an invisible fence.  Both are crowd pleasers and a lot of fun!  Alternate view of the Volcanic Unis with a view of the entrance:

Next is the Dragon, or Flying Dragon from here at ZA.  An uninspired shot as far as photography goes, but you can see that even the babies breathe fire ;)

The highest I could get the suitability for these dragons is in the low 90's, always a point of contention for me, but the animals are happy, which is always a plus.  There's a glitch with this animal that shows that the preferred foliage is the Baobob tree, when in reality they prefer a highland exhibit with Himalayan Pine trees, etc.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 09:30:01 PM »
The shots are looking great!  I love the colors!  Keep it up, can't wait for more! :w00t

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2006, 02:15:34 PM »
You make me want to go and play ZT ASAP!  Great job Genki!!!  I just wish that I could make my zoos half as beautiful as your's are!  Keep up the great work and congrats on so many wonderful zoos!!!

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »
A couple more shots for you :D  These next 2 animals are available here at ZA.

The Eurasian Wyvern is a fun animal, and very nicely done.

You can see the Wyverns in the background here, as well.  In the foreground are my favorite user-created dragon, Lehner's Red Dragon :wub  At first glance this dragon seems a bit strange, but it has a lovely exhibit (which in this case I tried to make a bit more natural, which is why you can't see some of them clearly) and is absolutely adorable.  It's the only dragon I've seen that both walks and flies, and it will suddenly plop onto its side and curl up for a nap - so cute! :wub

Offline KingCow

• Pooper Scooper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 05:54:47 PM »
As i've said before: OOOOOOO :D OOOOH! I like it a lot!

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Genki's Screens
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 06:01:19 PM »
YAY for Genki's zoos!

I love the lava themed zoo, its neat to see a huge themed zoo like that. As Firehawke said, it makes me want to play ZT1 again!

Offline bob5

• Pooper Scooper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 06:05:18 PM »
Where'd you get the Volcanic Unicorn and Pyro Zebra?

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »
Thank you very much for the compliments :D
The volcanic unicorn and pyro zebra are both available at Zoo Keeper's Lounge (ZKL) HERE:)

The Red Worg from Zoo Tek is a handsome creature with a haunting wolf-song.  They breed quickly (but not so quickly that you're frantically selling to keep the exhibit from being crowded), and make an interesting exhibit:

Next I put in a savannah exhibit with zebras, gazelles, ostriches, water buffalo and wildebeest, using the oasis to make the exhibit a bit more interesting...and yes, you DO see a tar pit in the exhibit!  A little something extra for more interest, but it's separated from the actual exhibit with invisible fencing ;)

Offline bob5

• Pooper Scooper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 07:42:53 PM »
Now, how do I install both of them completely? There are tons of files I've never even heard of before in there!

Offline erinllama

• Pooper Scooper
Genki's Screens
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 08:01:55 PM »
woah! tHAT IS AMAZING! But anyways, amazing job and nice theme  :wtg

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2006, 09:04:14 PM »
Ah, on the ZKL files, sometimes you unzip them and you'll have a folder called "animals".  Just re-zip the folder and name it...whatever animal it is like "Pyro Zebra.zip", then change the extension to .ztd :)

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2006, 01:06:40 PM »
Wow, the colors are absolutely gorgeous!!!  Keep it up!

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Genki's Screens
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2006, 07:00:56 PM »
Wow, awesome zoo!  Lovely colors, beautiful themes, and it looks very natural! :wtg

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Genki's Screens
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »
Here we have the Desert Tiger on the left and Kemp's Ripley Turtle (from ZKL) on the right.  The tiger has a wonderfully interesting exhibit as you can see :D  The turtle is a lovely dark bluish color, and THIS turtle certainly doesn't poke around!  This little guy is FAST!

Next are the Coral Snakes, also from ZKL.  These little guys don't have a slither or swim animation, but they do coil up (as snakes do) and are certainly an interesting creature to exhibit for the guests.  The observation area for the snakes actually goes back behind the restaurant and through the trees on a butterfly path: