Author Topic: oxpecker's ZT1 zoos  (Read 1966 times)

Offline oxpecker

• Pooper Scooper
  • raggamuffin extraordinaire
oxpecker's ZT1 zoos
« on: April 06, 2007, 03:44:39 AM »
I installed ZT1:CC on my laptop a few days ago. I am now a scenario-junkie. I don't know what I'll do when I complete them all.

I have a question; how big may my images be if I link them from an image host?

---

Here is Neuschwanstein Forest Zoo. All the animals that you see here were "delivered" to the zoo in crates. Unfortunately, I ran out of animals. And so, it will never be completed. I won the scenario, though.

Zoo rating: 88
Animal happiness: 99
Guest happiness: 94

---

I also began a freeform map. This is the small Construction Site map; although I have flattened it.
  • A dolphin tank and show. I have decided not to finish it.

Dolphin is such a peculiar word.

---

Anyway. Thank you for looking! I hope that you enjoyed my pictures.
More may be yet to come.

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
Re: oxpecker's ZT1 zoos
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 06:22:41 AM »
Hi Oxpecker! Nice pics! I do hope you post more of your work. If memory serves when you complete a scenario you have the option to continue play. Sometimes all animals become available, sometimes not. However if you have user made animals they will always be available to place in your zoo. "Scenario junkie" huh? Than I should tell you that there are user made scenarios too, as well as a few "challange" zoos to test your skill. When the downloads are fully restored you can brouse there to find them as well as many user made zoos, and completed scenario zoos. Have fun and please post some more pics!

Offline Bengal_Tiger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 06:34:43 AM »
Great pics, Oxpecker! Well done for winning the scenario you were doing! I am such a lover of scenarios, but am still quite fond of the odd freeform!

Anyway...Keep up the great building!  :clap:

Offline Seraphii

• Signed, sealed, delivered
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:49:09 AM »
Wow! Very nice work!
I am simply in love with your first zoo! Your style is amazingly cool!
My favorite exhibit HAS to be those crocs! They are so awesome!! =)
and your foodcourt! it is one of the BEST food courts I have seen!!
Your dolphin tank rocks!! It looks SOOO cool!!!
AWESOME job!

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 06:58:44 PM »
What an amazing zoo. I always spent so much time planning out food courts when I played ZT1 but yours is much nicer than the ones I tried and failed to have turn out well. Your zoo layout also looks very well thought out. All these great zoos are making me think I should dust off ZT1 and reinstall it...

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 08:39:50 PM »
Nice zoos. :eggthumup I especially like your style of layout. :goodjob:

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 06:58:19 AM »
Hi Oxpecker  :eggflower

I told you I'd stop by, and I must say I'm very impressed! The design and lay out of your scenario zoo is quite unique and very VERY well done. I especially like the raised areas for the carousel and the Ice Cream Pagoda. Your litte food court is very simple but elegant. Of course the exhibits for the animals are very well done, no wonder your animal happiness is so high! Your 2nd zoo is off to a great beginning, and the diverse design of your dolphin exhibit and show tank is really great!  :goodjob: I can't wait to see more pics in the near future!!

Keep Building!  :construct:

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 09:17:54 AM »
Hey, great pics, Oxpecker!! Very nice layout. Hopefully you will post more pics soon!  :clap:

Offline oxpecker

• Pooper Scooper
  • raggamuffin extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:46:15 PM »
So many replies! :surprise:

Zookreeper: Hi there! Yes, it did give me that option. However, the only species that I could buy was the yeti, as I have not downloaded any user made animals. I shall have to have to try some of the user made scenarios that you mentioned. They sound fun! Thanks for the comment Zookreeper!

Bengal_Tiger: Thanks! I definately enjoy the ZT1 scenarios more so than the ZT2 scenarios. In ZT2 it is more about how you manage your money. Then again, there aren't often time limits to concern about.

Seraphii: Thank you! My foodcourts often lack in diveristy, but the guests seem to like them. I just had a look at your zoos, and I was very pleased. So it is lovely to hear that you like my pictures, Seraphii.

sheltiefan: Good to hear that you like it! Don't say that about your foodcourts. Go on and try again. And take my advice; don't you take notice of those guests. They're never wholly happy. Just build what you reckon looks nice, and please yourself.

kiwibuddy: Thank you for the encouragement!

LadyZookeeperNY: Hey there! This is lovely to hear from such a wonderful builder such as yourself. Thank you very much for the comment. It is most encouraging! I hope that you may also like some of the pictures that I shall post in but a moment.

Rosinas Cat: Thanks! As a matter of fact, I have some to post right now ;)

---

Here is the Holiday Tree Farm scenario. I have completed it successfully -- along with the little side-challenge of purchasing a reindeer. Now I can buy Christmas trees... which is a little dull because I find them rather obnoxious to look at.

Zoo rating: 90
Animal happiness: 98
Guest happiness: 93

I have not completed the zoo, but I would rather to start another scenario than keep on with this one. I may finish it some day, if I find the time. Work has got me pinned of late.
Anyway. Here are some screenshots. Please let me know if they are too large!

• Overview one and two, with trees and guests hidden.
  • Another overview, with trees and guests shown.
  • The foodcourt and markhor exhibit (oh, and a Microsoft aeroplane also).
  • Some lambeosaurs, oddly enough.
  • Moving on to the white Bengal tiger exhibit and tank.
  • Back a little to the arctic wolves and the mooses (or is it one moose, two meese?).
  • Then lastly, view one and two of the grizzly bear and reindeer exhibits.

I hope you like them! I shall be uploading more, as soon as I complete the next scenario. Until then, bless!

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »
Great work!  I love the markhor exhibit - the "spiral" thing is just so cool!  Keep it up!

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 05:08:33 AM »
Now that is zoo building! Very nice indeed. When you finish the scenarios I would love to see what you do with a freeform map! :clap:

Offline Seraphii

• Signed, sealed, delivered
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 08:32:13 AM »
Haha, another fantastic set!
The Markhor exhibit is so..... Original! It is awesome! =)
The Lambeosaurs exhibit is Cool! I like the design of the viewing area =D
But, the exhibit that stood out, to me, is the Moose ^_^
I am a HUGE fan of moose, in both zoo games, and try whenever I can to fit them in. And your exhibit is STUNNING =D It is sooo cool!
keep up the amazing job! *and keep those pics coming =)*