Author Topic: Which Do You Like Better? ZT1 Or ZT2?  (Read 5456 times)

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
Which Do You Like Better? ZT1 Or ZT2?
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
I think that they both have good aspects to the games.For instance I like on zoo tycoon one that there woluld be lots of space unlike in Zoo tycoon 2.I like the fact in Zoo Tycoon 2 they have vastly leberated the aniamal compateablity thing.So yah I gave some exsamples of why I like both games.

Offline Hyena Girl

• Zookeeper
  • If anyone dares badmouth hyenas....
    • Cottomn's Petz Plaza (I am known as cottonbunny)
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2006, 02:28:46 AM »
I prefer ZT2 because the animals are not so fussy so you can be more creative with your exhibits.

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2006, 02:20:51 AM »
I would like zt2 because in zt1 the animals ALWAYS conplane about there terrain and stuff like : Lion 1 has to many tree's in is't exhibit...or Zebra 1 exhibit has to much sand...

Offline Necrotizing Spectre

• Scientist
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mixmasternecro/
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006, 09:41:33 AM »
I am forever loyal to Zoo Tycoon 1. Much easier to do mixed exibits and less confusing. Also more accurate with EXACT zookeeper recommendations instead of vague "it likes this plant" ones.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 08:20:05 AM »
Go back a few years ago, and I may have voted 'Both'. Now, I vote for Zoo Tycoon 2, simply because it is more fun and more realistic. It makes me so annoyed the amount of times I see in reviews "ZT1 is waay better because it has over 100 animals and ZT2 only has 30!". Of course, that isn't true. ZT1 only has 45 animals (47 if you include the bonus ones). Once you install all the expansion packs etc, THEN you get over 100...but then you're not comparing the games fairly anymore. WITH all the expansion packs and downloads, ZT1 has 120 animals and ZT2 has 98.

To Necrotizing Spectre: Take it from a fan of ZT2 that the comment you've stated is, to prevent using an offensive word, completely untrue. ZT2 provides MUCH easier-to-pull-off mixed exhibits, plus interaction between the species makes it more realistic, and more fun.

Offline shadokitty

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »
While I don't actually have ZT2, I would still say ZT1, just because of the research I have done shows that while ZT2 may have better graphics, I prefer the larger animal selection ZT1 has.

Offline ladygreeneyes

• Pooper Scooper
ZT1 - many reasons
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2007, 01:50:58 AM »
I prefer the original for a number of reasons.  While some features in the new game are very nice (such as the Jeeps and sky trams, elevated paths, guest mode), I prefer the more realistic look of the animals in the original game.  Also, with the biome mode, it is no challenge at all to make a great exhibit for even the pickiest of animals, taking away the educational value.  In the original, you could assign staff to particular types of tasks, such as repairing fences for maintenance, and that feature is not in the new game, not to mention that the staff seems a little dense in ZT2, since they can't seem to perform their jobs properly, ever.  The landscaping in the original was easier in a lot of ways.  I created several zoos with paths running into a trench beside a submerged tank (part of a combined exhibit), and this is practically impossible with the ZT2 landscaping methods.  In the original, you could sell animals for money; in the new game, you not only can't sell them, but you actually have to pay to adopt them out (totally unrealistic!!).  Then there is the issue of game performance.  The old game never froze, dragged, or failed to do exactly what it was supposed to.  The new one drags all the time, freezes regularly, and no solution offered helps with this, nor is it system-related, since my computer specs are beyond what is needed, there is plenty of hard drive space and RAM, and all the rest of the graphic-heavy games we have work extremely well.  Since this has been an issue since the basic ZT2 package, and there is still no fix for the issue, I can hardly even play the new game.  No contest on this one, folks!  Oh, yes, an added bonus with the original was all the amusing and entertaining little cheats and easter eggs that were included, which are strangely absent from the new version.  I rather like those, and they are sorely missed in ZT2!

Offline luckybunny

• Zookeeper
  • Don't kiss flamingoes- it's not healthy
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2007, 02:54:44 PM »
I say both for a number of reasons

Points for ZT1:
WAY MORE fences, paths and tank walls
WAY MORE ANIMALS
more dinos (YaY)
more challenging

Points for ZT2:
Better graphics
Zoo guest/photo mode
Animals don't eat each other (right away, at least)
Easier to make the 'perfect' exhibit