Author Topic: Game blinking  (Read 2052 times)

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Game blinking
« on: December 09, 2006, 08:04:24 AM »
My game keeps messing up.  The outside fencing keeps blinking and so does elevated platforms.  I was just wondering does this have to do with graphics or game issues.  I have no downloads and it is starting to get really annoying.  The game just shuts me out without any error message or anything.  Please help me!

Offline ZAMAN

• Zookeeper
Game blinking
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 08:11:52 AM »
thats happened before

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Game blinking
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:52:15 AM »
to you?  I don't understnad your post.  My question is, is it a game or graphics problem?

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Game blinking
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:04:20 AM »
What kind of graphics card do you have?  Did you change it recently or update the drivers?  How long has this problem been occuring?  Did you upgrade/change/install anything on your computer around the same time the problem started?

Actually, any list of your computers specifications might be helpful, it sounds more like a computer problem than a game error.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
Game blinking
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:11:05 AM »
This sounds like your video graphics card needs updated.

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Game blinking
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 11:07:07 AM »
Well I got a new graphics card last year for christmas.  The problem has been occuring since probably I installed mm2.  I thought it was maybe dls because I forgot to unistall some.  I finally got fed up and uninstalled my game.  I was reinstalling stuff until I tried to reinstall DD2, it kept saying I had to use the AA disk.  So I unistalled and reinstalled it again this time w/o dd2.  It was working fine and I made a "aquriam(sp)" in mm2 and that was the thing I had the most problem with and it worked.  So last night I got on to play and everything was working fine and I started to make an african area, then suddenly the border fencing started to blink and had no colums only it didn't last so I thought it was ok.  I continued to play and it happened again.  I went into zookeeper mode to see if it would happen in that mode it didn't, I then walked into my "aquriaum" and the elevated platform that acted as the roof started to blink and disappear.  I got out of zookeeper mode and it didn't happen.  I told my dad and he said close out of it.  I tried to place a zookeeper and it shut out on me for no reason.  My graphics card is an ATI.  A couple weeks ago my dad took the computer into compusa to see if they could find the problem.  they said the graphics card might be broken,  it wasn't.  They upgraded some stuff and we took it home.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 11:08:42 AM by GoneWild »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Game blinking
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 11:28:25 AM »
Well, MM2 requires more graphics than does the rest of the ZT2 series; they added a few more things to it that might cause these problems. Do you know WHICH ATI you have? The brand really doesn't tell us anything. You might want to ask your dad to help you figure out what number (for instance, mine is a 9550) and how much Video RAM it has (mine is 256mb).

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Game blinking
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 03:57:23 PM »
I have the VisionTek Radeon X300 SE Hypermemory.  It has 256 mb RAM.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Game blinking
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 04:04:04 PM »
Okay, that sounds like it should be able to handle the game perfectly fine...

Next questions:

Is it only on one map?
Is it only when you use MM2 content?
If you use just ZT2, ES and AA do you still have the same problem?

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Game blinking
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 06:11:57 PM »
It is not just on one map and it happened before I had mm2.  but not as often as it does now.  And since it happened before mm2 I am pretty sure it is not just mm2 content.

Offline alin90210

• Pooper Scooper
Game blinking
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 08:09:56 PM »
Have you tried installing the latest video card driver?  If not, you can go to http://www.ati.com and find the latest driver.  If it still has problems, try reinstalling directx (look for "directx 9.0c" at http://www.microsoft.com.)  Those are couple of basic, low risk things to try.

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Game blinking
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 03:25:09 PM »
A mod can close this because I just went out and got a new card.  Part of my Christmas present.

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Game blinking
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »
Closed per request.