Author Topic: Computer Graphics Problem  (Read 2221 times)

Offline joenot443

• Pooper Scooper
Computer Graphics Problem
« on: December 10, 2006, 10:21:17 AM »
Okay, I just bought this game and I'm 95% sure I have the system requirements for it, I have a 1 Ghz processor and DirectX 9.0 but when I start it up it has the Microsoft symbol and stuff but when it gets to the part where it should say 'click here to continue' it shows this:http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/joenot443/ZooTycoonError.jpg
Please someone help I really like this game and I can't return it, (I already opened it and I bought it at wal-mart):angry:

[modnotice=mikaboshi]Changed your image to a link - please refer to the forum rules that state embedded images cannot be larger than 450 by 450 pixels. Thank you.[/modnotice]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:44:40 AM by mikaboshi »

Offline KingCow

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 11:08:06 AM »
Is the desktop supposed to look like that?

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 11:18:03 AM »
I don't think it is suppoded to look like this. So is this what happened when you clicked on the icon to play the game? And you don't have any expansions?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 11:54:32 AM »
What kind of graphics card do you have? How much video ram is it? And are all of your graphics drivers up to date?

Offline joenot443

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 11:55:50 AM »
I was playin the game in window mode so the gargled up image is the game not my desktop, and no i don't have any expansions.

ummmm..... how do you check all that mika?

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead - Mika
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:58:47 AM by mikaboshi »

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 12:00:50 PM »
I have posted this elsewhere before, so for speed and sake of time, I'm just going to Copy and paste:

Okay, I'm going to tell you a quick way to check for driver updates. As long as you have XP and are connected to the internet (can't tell you how to do it with other systems unfortunately) Right click on "My Computer" on your desktop (or in your start menu). Then go to "Properties". Next You'll want to click the Harware tab at the top (it shoud be between "computer name" and "Advanced". Now that you haev selected the Hardware tab, select the "Device Manager" button. This will bring up a list of all of the hardware that your computer has. Go to "Display Adapters" and click the little plus sign. It should bring down a one or two things. Mine, for instance, has "Radeon 9550" and "Radeon 9550 Secondary". Right click on the first one and hit "Update driver". XP will automatically go into the web and search for a driver update. If it doesn't come up with anything type in google the name of the card (in my case, I would type "Radeon 9550 drivers"). Hopefully this works!

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »
You didn't say WHICH game you bought, either. If you bought ZT2, that's fine. If you bought one of the expansions, they won't work without ZT2. If you bought ZT1 or ZTCC, you have a different problem. Which did you buy?

Offline joenot443

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 12:39:40 PM »
zt2

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
His image shows ZT2 in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.  If it was just an expansion without the original - it would not have gotten this far as it would not have installed.

Have you tried playing in full screen mode?  Some computers don't like certain games in Window mode.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »
Then, inside the case, there's an 800- number (usually on the back) that's for MS technical numbers. Call that, and they'll help you get it installed correctly. They're very nice about it.

Offline joenot443

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
thanx guys 4 everythng im gonna phone that number.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 02:04:01 PM »
I notice also you have Norton running.  One thing you might want to try - and they'll probably suggest - is uninstalling the game, and then reinstalling with Norton disabled.  It can be very intrusive and interfere with the installation process.  Almost all major programs suggest closing all other programs when installing AND disabling antivirus software.

--Sorry if you already tried that, by the way.  :wink:

Offline joenot443

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »
thanx guys but i fixed it, I used mika's method, Thnax again Mika you rule!

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »
Haha aww :grouphug: So glad that you got it fixed!

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »
I have renamed this thread as so many threads named "help" is confusing at times :thumbsup:

Also, as this problem has been rectified, this thread can now be :s_closed: