Author Topic: meshing  (Read 1648 times)

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
meshing
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:55:47 AM »
How do I do it? I have downloaded 3dmax,nifscope,and blender. Can someone tell me how to mesh animals with these programs. I have some really good ideas,I just need to work the programs. 3d max and blender are confusing:wacko:

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
meshing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:08:17 AM »
http://zoo.ogresnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5735

Here is LittleMog's meshing tutorial.

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
meshing
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:13:26 AM »
You should know that it is NOT easy and it will remain complicated the whole time. Meshing rarely works as is shown by the fact that there are only a few for download.

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
meshing
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 11:20:12 AM »
I can import the nif now. But nothing shows up in blender. On the balck screen it says no texture found. HELP PLEASE

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
meshing
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:24:10 AM »
Unfortunately there really isn't any support to help you  make a new model. In case you havn't noticed, VERY few models have worked in the game and it is such a new concept. No one is really going to be able to help you and it is very hard to get right. If you want to learn, you will probably have to figure it out yourself... Sorry :crying:

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
meshing
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 11:26:42 AM »
No,No In blender a model does show up. But its extremly small. It is able to be imported into blender it just shows up very small to were I cant even edit it. Since Blender is basicly useless what other programs can be used to mesh edit besides nifscope?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
meshing
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »
You need to zoom in on the model to make it larger...If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, scroll upwards and it will zoom in on the model. Blender is not worthless; it is actually one of the simplest 3D model editing programs to use, and it is also one of the only free ones. Most of your professional modeling programs cost between 3,000 and 10,000 American dollars, so I think you should mess with Blender before going to find 3DSMax or Maya. You need to explore the program and learn it for yourself, or google for Blender tutorials that will give you the basics. We cannot currently give you definitive advice on how to use 3D modeling programs at this time.

Offline ThePantherKing

• Pooper Scooper
meshing
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 11:22:06 AM »
sometimes my meshes dont come out in the game but I usualy find the problem