Author Topic: having trouble downloading  (Read 1387 times)

Offline dholeman24

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
having trouble downloading
« on: December 27, 2006, 10:23:27 PM »
I've tried to follow the guidelines here to download.  I picked up a trial version of Winzip.  When I pull up the folder and get to the download file winzip pops up a window that says the file is not archived and it cannot open.  I've tried the dhole and the gharial to no avail.  Help would be great.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 10:58:02 PM »
Are you saving to A folder first ! I save first  all the DL I want to use, to   the same file . Then open the file and dubble click each DL and click open with  winzip and extract to the same file ,so you can put more than one in at A time

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:13:33 AM »
Quote from: dholeman24;168780
I've tried to follow the guidelines here to download.  I picked up a trial version of Winzip.  When I pull up the folder and get to the download file winzip pops up a window that says the file is not archived and it cannot open.  I've tried the dhole and the gharial to no avail.  Help would be great.

:original: The thing about WinZip is that you don't open the file, you EXTRACT the file. You Open the containing folder (gharial), then take the the files INSIDE and Extract them to your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2. That'll take care of them.
:merry: :gbman: :flake1:

Offline dholeman24

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
extracted, now this.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 11:59:27 AM »
Okay, I've learned to extract.  In your directions, you say to extract the dl files to c:\program files\microsoft games\zoo tycoon 2.  Is this an exisiting folder that should already be there?  When I click on the Zt2 folder on the desktop it goes to a d:.  Any help would be great.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:15:18 PM »
Well then, your system must have installed your game to D: instead of C:. Just make it D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 then. :original:
Your administrator must have instructed it to install it there instead of C:.