Author Topic: Downloading Zoos  (Read 1314 times)

Offline banmenowBK

• Pooper Scooper
Downloading Zoos
« on: March 18, 2006, 06:25:05 PM »
I did all the show hidden file thing, but every time I unzip I only get Copy of The Big Zoo.z2s. Sorry about that. I download it from the ZT2 download zoo section, it was the Madison Zoo. Anyway I followed the walkthrough guide posted for the support and I tried the alternative way and niether of them worked.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Downloading Zoos
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 07:36:31 PM »
Well Howdy, banmenowBK! Nice to meet a new member - and on your very first post, too!

I'm making an assumption here (which is always dangerous) :lol that you downloaded a zoo from the ZA Downloads section and you want to know how to install it? Either that, or you've downloaded a Scenario hack from the ZA Scenarios/Hacks section? If, and ONLY if that is the case, that zoo is to be unzipped to:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME GOES HERE\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile\Saved
and it's YOUR actual name that goes there, whether it's John/Alice/Administrator/Owner/Mine/Home
Now, if that does not work, or if that is NOT what you're asking, please post again with a little more information. Now that we've done with that, go on over to Introductions and meet the rest of the gang! You'll find cookies on the hall table... :happy

Offline banmenowBK

• Pooper Scooper
Downloading Zoos
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 08:17:47 AM »
I didn't want to confuse everybody so I made this reply. I found out form this guy, I don't remeber his username, but anyway. Downloaded zoos don't have a profile. After you unzip it it will just give you the zoo. Now, go to the start menu> all programs> Microsoft games> Zoo Tycoon 2> Zoo Tycoon 2 Profiles> Then select the profile you want "default" and open saved games. This is where you place the downloaded zoo.  :wtg

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Downloading Zoos
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 10:22:04 AM »
What you were told was wrong look at this thread HERE the 3rd post down shows a picture of where your donloaded zoos are to be placed so you can open them with the load saved game feature. csleesburg told you the proper place to put your downloaded zoos.