Author Topic: Arctic Fox Download  (Read 1441 times)

Offline shiela

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.geocities.com/jerzy_bear/index.html?1144296737562
Arctic Fox Download
« on: January 09, 2006, 12:43:33 PM »
i just downloaded the arctic fox a few days ago i tested it ans well, you dont see them they are there, i checked in the list of animals in zoo and arctic fox is listed but i guess there goustes or something, does anyone know y or know how to fix the prob.
first time i downlaod an animal from here so if all theanimal  downloads are invisable from here just let me know ty in advance  to whoever can help me

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Arctic Fox Download
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 01:01:57 PM »
Sheila, I'm not real sure what your question is, but if you're saying you downloaded the arctic fox and it doesn't appear in the game, here's the fix:

The solution (just applies to ZT2 and ZT2 ES) seems to be:

1) after unzipping (you will need WinZip) the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
5) Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox
6) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
7) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
8) This virtually always fixes the problem

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope that helps! :happy

Offline shiela

• Pooper Scooper
Arctic Fox Download
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 03:21:52 PM »
i have done all that....i have the artic fox in the game you can add them too my zoo but you do not see them thay are there i checked the list to see if they are considered part of my zoo and they are, i think its a glich, i wanted to know if this is normal that the downloaded animals are "invisible"

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Arctic Fox Download
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 03:42:30 PM »
Well, now, this may seem like a stupid question, but how CLOSE to them are you? I have that trouble with baby koalas, sometimes. They're SO small that you have to get really, really close to them to see them. Could that be it? Try going into Guest Mode and see if they're really there. (Especially if they're against snow).  ;)

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Arctic Fox Download
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:44:01 PM »
Do you have the xp? That would probably mess it up if you dont. ;)

Offline shiela

• Pooper Scooper
Arctic Fox Download
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 04:47:57 PM »
well i have gone into guest mode still dont see them but it could be cause i dont have the xp, but when you go to downlaod it it says need zt2 nothing about needing the xp

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Arctic Fox Download
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:01:05 PM »
Well you do need the xp since its made out of the wolf. Sorry about that.