Author Topic: A quick question  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
A quick question
« on: June 19, 2006, 02:41:10 PM »
Not sure where this should go but heres my question.  Alright i have downloaded tons of animals and love them all dearly i can't thank the people who contribute content.  But i am having trouble keeping them in my zoo and i have figured out why.  Practically none have any sort of shelters they like or will use so after about 5 minutes game time they all get mad off on account of the lack of privacy. Also alot of them don't like many toys if any so heres my question can i fix this myself or what should i do because i want to use these great animals but they don't like shelters or alot of toys.  Can i rewrite the programming somehow easily since i know nothing about programing to make it so they like shelters?

P.s.  If i am crazy and no one else has these problems let me know also ty again for all these animals i have downloaded about 95% of them and it makes the game more fun.

:IloveZA:

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
A quick question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 02:44:03 PM »
If you have ES or AA, they will use loads of shelters. THe problem is that it is VERY hard to get normal zt2 animals to use shelters. I'm sorry...:crying:

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
A quick question
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 02:46:53 PM »
I have both expansions but the animals still don't have any shelters when i got to the zoo keeper button then look at shelters they like but if say for a downloaded rhino like the sumatruan on this website would it use the shelter even though the animal info says it doesn't like shelters?  Also no need to apologize u guys do something i never could and do it well and i think i speak for everyone when i say we can't thank u all enough!

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
A quick question
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »
That's very odd because it should say that they will use the shelter in the zoo keeper recomendations. I guess can you say all the animals you have downloaded?

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
A quick question
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 02:50:56 PM »
It would be easier to say what i haven't downloaded lol but the only 1 i downloaded that uses shelters i belive is the wooly rhino but all the gibbons, leapords, elephants, Giraffes and Big cats i have downloaded with the exception of maybe a few have no shelters they show as liking and i have downloaded all the animals except maybe 5 to 6 of them.

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
A quick question
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:53:42 PM »
That's so odd! I'm afriad I can't help you... if you have both expansions..... I guess, if you downloaded SilesianTomcat's downloads you need to make sure you got the ES version.

EDIT: If you could just tell me one specific download that does not work it may help

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
k
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 02:55:06 PM »
I might know the problem.  I downloaded the ES versions after i had installed AA might that be the problem
Oh and Silvery Gibbon and Forest elephant are two i was suprised didn't have shelters

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
A quick question
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 02:57:39 PM »
Ok, well I don't think it will matter if you downloaded the ES ones after AA.

I really have no idea what to tell you now. Both of those do have shelters in my game..... maybe someone else will know.

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
A quick question
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 02:59:59 PM »
Ok ty at least i know something is wrong with what i downloaded so i can try to fix it before i thought they just hadn't programmed shelters in.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
A quick question
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:00:21 PM »
as this is more of a downlaod question am moving it there