Author Topic: Asia icon problem  (Read 1638 times)

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
Asia icon problem
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:55:52 PM »
hey guys, I just downloaded the asia pack from otter lord, and the animals in it have an asian icon for them, but when I downloaded them, I lost the AA icon and the Silesian tomcat icon, and I couldn't find any hack to help me! Can someone help me?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Asia icon problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:08:50 PM »
I doubt that you can get the Asia one back, but you can download STC's icon hack from the ZA database, which will restore both the AA icon and the STC icons.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
Asia icon problem
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »
thanx cleesburg, I tried that b4 and it worked, so I'll try it again.:happy: :happy:  But don't close this thread yet.
Update- I tried re-downloading that, but it didn't work. Is there anyone who had come across this problem who can help?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:18:21 PM by orangemonkey22 »

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Asia icon problem
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 08:37:54 PM »
Unfortunately OL's will probably override both other icons.
I am thinking that maybe the best way would be to open the .z2f file for OL's download using winrar or winzip. Then go to the ui folder and delete the "template" folder. That should remove the Asian icon

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
Asia icon problem
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 08:57:06 PM »
thanks for trying penguinman, I deleted the icon option, but now there's just a white square "icon" on the animals in the pack. But I have a way to fix my problem. You see, the clouded leopard and malayan tapir are both in the asia pack, but are also sparate downloads, so I could just download them separately. But I'm not sure about the sun bear. Does anyone know of a place w/ a sun bear download? (other than the asia pack)

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Asia icon problem
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 09:01:35 PM »
Well no, I did not say to delete the icon. You have to delete the template folder so you delete an xml file which makes the icon work. There is a folder inside the ui folder called template. Please delete that :happy:

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
Asia icon problem
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 04:58:38 AM »
I can't seem to find the template folder.
Update- everything's ok now. I got the ST and AA icons back! But no Asian icon. But I don't really care about the Asia icon. SO I guess you guys can close this. Thanks for all the help!: :) : : :) : :IloveZA: :IloveZA:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:03:30 AM by orangemonkey22 »

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Asia icon problem
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 05:02:18 AM »
when you unzip the pack you will have 3 z2f files - unzipp each one and you will have 5 folders open the folder called UIinside that you hAve 4 folders so delte the one called TEMPLATE then remake the z2f file calling it anohter name  and use that one in the game.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:04:26 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Asia icon problem
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 06:39:15 AM »
Well yes, deleting it will remove the Asia icon because getting all three to work is FAR more complicated.

But anyways, you got it wotking so :s_closed: