Author Topic: African Adventure Space/Sell Animals Hack  (Read 1835 times)

Offline paulygraph

• Pooper Scooper
African Adventure Space/Sell Animals Hack
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:44:51 AM »
Hello,

I downloaded RedNotDead's combined space/sell animals hacks for ZT/ES/AA as well as the newer hack for MM. I am having trouble getting it to work for the AA animals, but they work fine for all the other animals. I removed all other hacks to see if there was a conflict. Even when I only used the 910 file (the one where the AA animal ai files are), it would not work for the AA animals. I opened the aardvark xml file in notepad in order to see if the space requirement was set right and it looks just fine.

Any ideas? This is a great hack and I'd love to use it.

Thank you.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:59:21 AM »
exactly how are you making your exhibits - they have to be of a reasonable size to begin with? which animals are affected by the hack (what ones dont work) as there has been a problem with the hippos for some reason no matter what we do they do not like other animals in theri exhibits?

Offline paulygraph

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:15:57 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!

It seems not to matter how large the initial size of the exhibit is. I have tried the following:

6X10 Striped Hyaena--get message "needs more space" when the number of adult animals exceeds 4 or 5 when having babies

Many different sizes with aardvark

Approximately 10X20 with white rhino, gemsbok, gerenuk, and aardvark (2 each). I got "needs more space" message, but only for white rhino, gerenuk, and aardvark. Gemsbok was fine (presumably because it is ZT).

Approximately 8X8 with African buffalo. I was fine with the first couple, but then got "needs more space" message.

Approximately 8X8 with fennecs and African spurred tortoise. Only the tortoise needed more space (presumably because fennecs are ES).

I've tested lots of MM, ZT, and ES animals--absolutely no problems with any of them but definite problems with all AA animals. I haven't tried the hippo, but could do so.

Offline Zookeeper91

• Pooper Scooper
Space Requirements Hack Help
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 08:28:21 PM »
I downloaded the Zoo Tycoon 2 Space Requirements Hack for my game but I cannot seem to get it to work when I'm playing.  I tried downloading the one here since I have every expansion including ZT 2 Marine Mania.  Since there is a separate download, for the Marine animals, I also downloaded that file which is working fine.  I have followed the instructions and put the two .z2f files needed for AA in the c:/program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon 2 folder.  My problem is that when I ran the game, my animals still needed space when put in a relatively small exhibit.  My question is: should i have also extracted the readme file in c:/program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon 2 along with the .z2f files needed for AA?  And should I also extract the files recommended for the original game and ES?  Thanks!  (it's kinda confusing i know : :P : )

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »
they should work if you only hve the 2 files for AA and the file for mm but some animals no matter what is coded still do not work for whatever reasons (still trying to figure that one out)  Is it all the ES and zt2 ones that do not work - if so try adding the other files and see what happens.

Offline Zookeeper91

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »
Thanks RedNotDead!  I extracted all of the files (including the readme) and I still cannot seem to get it to work with any animals besides the ones from Marine Mania.  You mentioned in one of your replies that the exhibits have to be of reasonable size to begin with.  I thought that this download made animals require one square of space each.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 04:35:20 AM »
yes but you still need a reasonable space after all to put food toys shelters etc the one square of space means at least 1 square FREE space but ive found that it acutally bases the 1 suare of space based on the animals size so it neeeds 1 square of FREE (ie not with a toy or shelter or plant etc) space around the whole of its body