Author Topic: Black square around downloaded animal?!  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Spotted Tiger

• Pooper Scooper
Black square around downloaded animal?!
« on: June 21, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »
I believe I downloaded animals correctly. When I put the animals in my zoo a black square appears around then that doesn't go away. It happens only on some of then. They were downloaded the same way to the download folder. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »
I have heard of others having this problem too. One question is do you have any expansions? And is this ZT1 or ZT2
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:28:01 PM by penguinman »

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 06:24:16 PM »
Welcome to Zoo Admin.

Some things made for Zoo Tycoon 1 were not made properly. In the early days of Zoo Tycoon, many web sites did not test the things that were submitted to them. If you find such animals, you might want to say which ones have that problem. They probably would not be fixed because that particular problem would take a lot of time to fix. But maybe comments would be added on the download pages to say they have that problem so others will know before downloading, allowing them to decide if they still want the download or not. If you find scenery with that problem, there is a chance they might be fixed since there are only a few graphic images for objects.

Offline Spotted Tiger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 03:45:03 AM »
The animals that I have downloaded are from this website. I have Tycoon Zoo 2 with no expansion packs. None of the animals I downloaded from this site were the ones which say a certain expansion pack is recommended.

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 03:54:09 AM »
I know about this I had the same thing when downloaded the red deer(from Caribou) and the Indian Rhino(from Javan R) Without having Es. Then later I got Es and it works,
It matters that which animal your downloading that is an animal made from the one from Es or AA.So for these dls to work properly you must have the req. expansion!
Hope that clears! and this doesn't mean there is a fault on the dl or something.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:58:13 AM »
if you can tell us exactly which animals you are having problems with we can help more in telliing you whetere they need the expansions or not

Offline Spotted Tiger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:38:12 AM »
Today I tried the Yacare Caiman and the Dhole. I used the method by Yellowrose as well as the alternative method of downloading. I even tried downloading the files into both folders. With the Dhole I just get a black square. With the Caiman I get the animal surrounded by the black square. The animal is cool, but the square is nasty.

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:37:47 AM »
Well the dhole shouldn't work at all because it is from the wolf. I am surprised the Yacare caiman doesn't work, but I am sure that it is because I used ES files when I made it. Sorry :crying:

Offline Spotted Tiger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 08:31:21 PM »
Through trial and error I discovered which animals I could use and which didn't work of the ones that did not specify ES or AA. Thank you for your help! The animals are cool!