Author Topic: The Whale Shark Grows!!!  (Read 20286 times)

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« on: October 21, 2006, 05:19:20 PM »
It says under whale shark fun facts that the ones you adopt are adolesents then they grow to be larger. Is that cool or what?!:woot:

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »
...Umm, I guess so...

Why is that cool? Babies grow up. Full grown whale sharks are too large to transpoert, so babies are needed.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 07:05:53 PM »
Thank goodness! I always thougth the whale sharks were too small! But now that I know they grow, I'm not upset anymore! :laughing: :laughing: Personally, I think BF should have done the same with the white shark. : :) :

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 07:08:36 PM »
This is fantastic! Adds a great sense of realism to the zoos.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »
i know, i was kind of dissapointed when i made my huge reef exhibit,(i never put whale sharks in benthic, it just looks wrong.) just to find that the whale sharks were small. then i went to the zoopedia and read the line that says the whale sharks will grow and im all yipeee.!!!!:woot:

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 08:54:10 AM »
Really? I've never tryed whale sharks yet, this is exciting! I wonder how big they will get...

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »
I think that fact was for real life not in the game. I havent seen the adopted ones grow any larger yet. Oh and to Panda King its cool because the adults grow larger,which is a first in zoo tycoon series.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 09:48:36 AM »
Quote from: damien551;149388
I think that fact was for real life not in the game. I havent seen the adopted ones grow any larger yet. Oh and to Panda King its cool because the adults grow larger,which is a first in zoo tycoon series.

I  beliee they do, because it warns you in zoopedia that eventually you'll have to replace them because they outgrown their tanks. But I think it's slowly.

Offline MinGraphics

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »
Sweet I have to try this, and take photos of it next to other animals to see how fast it grows!

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 01:50:26 PM »
I learned this the hard way. I had a big reef exhibet with whale sharks , mantas , dolphins , and reef sharks. The whale sharks were fine until at one point I was pummeled by " The water is to shallow for Whale Shark 1 " and stuff . I noticed my whale sharks were now hugenormous. Now I always remember to make the exhibet biggerer than usual.

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/998182
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 04:08:26 PM »
Has anyone actually had one grow? Because one of the problems in the beta was that they never did and I'm not sure if this has been fixed.

Offline Packraptor

• Zookeeper
  • Don't make me go Jurassic on your butt!
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »
This is awesome! The two whale sharks at the Atlanta Aquarium are both still young, about 28 feet long, at least when I saw them they were. Their exhibit is a reef exhibit, and it is designed for fully grown whale sharks. They are estimated to grow to be around 60 feet!

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 05:10:52 PM »

Actually, it's just like adopting a baby animal. I guess it's pretty neat.

Offline Zoo102

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 12:16:03 PM »
Does anyone know if the game says something like "Whale Shark 3 has just grown to full size" or soemthign like that?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:16:55 PM by Zoo102 »

Offline Wild One

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »
This is a cool feature, they should do this more often! I like how the whale shark grows as time goes by, very cool idea. : :P :

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 12:44:38 PM »
i dont know, but i didnt think they would be able to reproduce until they were full grown, but about 8 3 foot little plankton eaters told me otherwise.

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 12:51:54 PM »
Hmm, I've had one for a while and he doesn't seem to have grown.  How long does it take?  How big a tank will a full-sized one need?

Guests sure love him!  He seems to be pretty curious about the guests as well.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 01:19:07 PM »
yes, i have noticed that behavior, along with a few others in other animals. my guests always love the sharks.

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »
I do love how realistic they are trying to make this. Even more so as each EP is released!

Offline Birdman

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 12:20:10 PM »
Quote from: dinwrest;149491
I learned this the hard way. I had a big reef exhibet with whale sharks , mantas , dolphins , and reef sharks. The whale sharks were fine until at one point I was pummeled by " The water is to shallow for Whale Shark 1 " and stuff . I noticed my whale sharks were now hugenormous. Now I always remember to make the exhibet biggerer than usual.

Really!!!!  LOL  :laughing:

Offline Agent Froggy

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 05:13:52 PM »
This is pretty :specool: , and very realistic. Praise to Blue Fang!

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 06:14:03 PM »
Quote from: dinwrest;149491

about how long did you have those whale sharks? i just want to see them so badly as super sharks.: :P : :woot:

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 12:16:51 PM »
I have them in a tank for a year (game time) and they have had babies and dint grow an inch. But there are differnt sizes. I took my male out of his tank and stuck him in shallow water. Then I adopted a female and she was 2x bigger then he was!

Offline Birdman

• Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 12:59:54 PM »
Wow! werid!

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 05:51:59 PM »
has anyone had a whale shark grow yet?  maybe it takes like a couple game years.