Author Topic: The Whale Shark Grows!!!  (Read 20287 times)

Offline The Zoologist

• Pooper Scooper
Whale Sharks
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2006, 08:52:16 PM »
So I bought the new MM expansion, and I was real excited about the whale shark because I thought they would be more life size, but they're tiny compared to real whale sharks. They're only half the size they should be, and I was wondering if anybody could make a whale shark download making them bigger or tell me how to do it myself.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2006, 08:56:57 PM »
Hello The Zoologist, welcome to ZA! Be sure to introduce yourself in [topic=507]Introductions[/topic].

As to your question, we have a handy [topic=5628]Search[/topic] feature here at ZA that lets you search before you start a new topic. Chances are, you aren't the first person to wonder something, and the question has already been answered. This question, for example HAS been answered, and your question will be merged with the topic that discusses it in some length. Hang on while I move it!

Offline pokefan

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: mikaboshi;169232
Hello The Zoologist, welcome to ZA! Be sure to introduce yourself in [topic=507]Introductions[/topic].

As to your question, we have a handy [topic=5628]Search[/topic] feature here at ZA that lets you search before you start a new topic. Chances are, you aren't the first person to wonder something, and the question has already been answered. This question, for example HAS been answered, and your question will be merged with the topic that discusses it in some length. Hang on while I move it!

not to be off topic but.... how do you start a new topic?
ive been wondering for a long while

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »
There is a "New Topic" button on the top of the forums. For instance, if you want to start a new Show and Tell Topic, go to the Show and Tell Section, and in the upper right hand corner will be a "New Topic" button. Remember to search first though if you are asking a question. We have over 1000 active members on ZA and chances are at least one of them has wondered the same thing you are. :thumbsup:

Offline The Zoologist

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2007, 03:40:32 PM »
Whoa! I really do need to search before I post. Sorry bout that.:original:

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2007, 11:52:58 AM »
ive had my whale shark for about 3-4 years and its mated 2 times and gave birth to 4 pups each time. now i just got this message!

so now we know the game tells us =]

edit: heres all 3 sizes! link
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:29:19 PM by wolfkid92 »

Offline Ciaran_DUK

• Pooper Scooper
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2007, 06:45:15 AM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaah i c - i wondered why they were so small (is the smallest one in the picture a baby one or one straight after adopting??)

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2007, 11:19:31 AM »
a baby

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2007, 11:48:05 AM »
Wow that's really cool!

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
    • http://
The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »
I wonder if it could be done to other animals, user or even official: I'd love a growing AS tortoise.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Re: The Whale Shark Grows!!!
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2007, 04:16:03 PM »
Wow, thanks for the picture, wolfkid! I am glad it tells us when they grow up. Lol, I just wish it wouldnt take that long, though.

Offline King Storm

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2007, 07:02:02 PM »

I think that fact was for real life not in the game. I havent seen the adopted ones grow any larger yet. Oh and to Panda King its cool because the adults grow larger,which is a first in zoo tycoon series.

I don't think they grow because they can breed right when you get them.

Offline creationfan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2007, 07:36:11 PM »
That is really cool, so many things about MM2 are making me wanna go out and buy it!

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
  • Small or big, don't mess with the cat!
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2007, 08:50:06 PM »

ive had my whale shark for about 3-4 years and its mated 2 times and gave birth to 4 pups each time. now i just got this message!

so now we know the game tells us =]

edit: heres all 3 sizes! link
CCCCCCOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: That never happened to me before!

Offline ZooLu

• Pooper Scooper
  • I'm crazier than you.
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2007, 09:40:12 AM »
IT'S TRUE! I built a Pelagic tank with Whale Sharks, Marlin and Pilot Whales (reef or benthic aren't the right biomes for Whale Sharks) And soon, they all need more space. And guess who's fault it was [points to Wally and Wanda the Whale Sharks]

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2007, 06:50:21 AM »
That is sweet! I didn't reaslise that they grow! Awesome! *runs off to watch whale sharks*

Offline Pavocristantus

• Zookeeper
  • We eat Ham and Jam and Spamalot!
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »
thats soo cool! :bounce: when i got the game i was like, crud, the whale sharks are tiny :| but they grow! wooo! :D

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
They rock. I even did this experiment myself. ;)

Offline elephant_conservation_kid

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2007, 04:35:48 PM »
hi guys, long time no see, this is actually conservationkid, but after such a long time without internet, my name must have terminated. My first comment is AWESOME!!!! I have to go play now, but for FOUR years, that's a really long time for me. Secondly is, can someone make a hack to make the whale shark and great white shark like a biome other than benthic, i don't know what Blue Fang was thinking. Goblin shark, yes, whale shark, no. I just watched Blue Planet on ANimal Planet, and the Whale Sharks were featured in the coral reef section of the show. SHEESH. LOL. Well, it's good to be back. Hope to get a response soon.  :dolphin

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »
 :surprise: :blink: Holey cow, that's huge! :wacko: They even give you a message about it. :happy2: Nice job wolfkid.

Offline elephant_conservation_kid

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2007, 10:07:11 AM »
i'm going on 4 years now, in January of the 4th year actually, and still no growth, multiple matings, but nothing more. ne advice, should i keep waiting? :ohmy

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
I would give it a little more time.  It looks like the experiments people have done have resulted in them growing in about 4 years or so, and possibly it could be variable (not exact all the time) so you'll probably see them grow soon!   :)

Offline ZooLu

• Pooper Scooper
  • I'm crazier than you.
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »
off topic:  I've read an encyclopedia on animals and I just got this piece of info from it: Whale sharks generally inhabit open ocean, moving into deep water and coral reefs to feed. So, technically, they're benthic, pelagic AND reef biomes.

on topic: It took mine 5 in-game years to grow to full size, yet he had 12 pups! (mated 3 times, each with 4 pups)  :ohmy :juggle: :hammer2:

Offline Red-Panda-Freak

• Zookeeper
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »
It's really cool that it grows!  the first thing my mom said when she saw the new whale shark in my zoo was 'oh my goodness it's tiny.'  now i can tell her it'll get bigger.