Author Topic: A Big Problem In MM2  (Read 5332 times)

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
A Big Problem In MM2
« on: October 25, 2006, 04:09:08 PM »
I have a problem with the game. When I have marine animals they always get to seem mad quickly. I have a filter and all their needs basic and advanced are low. They even have everything a mate and kids.
CAn someone tell me what the problem is. PLZ AND TY.:sweatingb

Offline Iwuvmyparakeetz

• Zookeeper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 04:13:52 PM »
Do you change the filter on a basis?

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »
no i repair it and have it on frequent mode

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 05:19:28 PM »
Try this
1.The land and the water are the correct biome
2.If they need deeper water,use the lower tank floor tool,or if there are just in normal water use the trench tool to make it deeper.
3.Make sure theres enough space

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 05:55:03 PM »
ok will try out thanks

Offline conservationkid

• Zookeeper
    • http://
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 04:55:37 PM »
i realized that all marine animals, at least in the demo, get sick very easily, and go down fast, and the zookeepers will run to them if they get beached, but as soon as they get to the poor animal, they start looking around for another job.  I felt bad one time, in the demo, because one of my orcas got beached, and she died from "illness" in a little over two minutes. Very scary.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 05:31:33 PM »
i dont know, make sure that you get your filters cleaned constantly, check your water in first person if you have to. i always get problems with water cleanliness.

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 06:04:28 PM »
none of these solutions worked at all they just get mad becuase the water is really dirty. One difference is that the pure tank exhibit animals get mad becuase of that problem. But the hybrid exhibit animals don't get mad at all. Can some one help me? PLZ

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 07:08:27 PM »
for some reason bf changed everythign for all the animals and now you need a little of the biome of the animal all around the exibit (the outside perimiter) so that its happy. idk why they did it but they did.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 09:07:50 PM »
I don't know if this will help but a couple of things I've noticed:

My Emperor Penguins did not seem to like being in a tank only.  While they did not complain, they were constantly getting sick.  Finally I divided their tank in half, and made them a hybrid tank with half of it Tundra land.  They stopped getting sick.  There may be more animals that would prefer a hybrid tank even though they deal with a water tank only.

The water definitely gets dirty faster with many animals in the tank, and the more animals in the tank, the faster it matters if the filter gets dirty.  For tanks with a lot of animals I'd definitely make sure the filter gets repaired frequently, and I'd walk around and check the filters myself of the animals that are complaining of dirty water to see if that's the problem.

You definitely have to clean the water yourself all the time to keep the animals from complaining if you haven't unlocked the filters yet.  I mean all the time!  I find myself cleaning water at about the same frequency as I do cleaning up poo in a peafowl exhibit!  :laughing:

I had another problem with my penguins where they kept complaining of dirty water and the tank was fine.  It turned out they decided they'd rather swim in the little shallow water I put in the land area, and of course that water was dirty.  So make sure for your hybrid animals that there's not water on the land that's getting dirty.

Finally, I had some animals that were complaining about dirty areas, including animals in tanks only.  Turned out they were upset because the guest area right next to them was littered with trash.  (My bad!)  I cleaned it up and they stopped complaining about dirty water.  :laughing:

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 12:25:55 PM »
Can someone tell me when the filters become available, as I havent been able to find them yet.  Thanks

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »
it is under the marine show tab in the building panel

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 12:43:29 PM »
They become available at 3-star ratings. They are always available in FreeForm mode. :original:

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 02:27:22 PM »
Thank you, I hadnt rechecked when I got to three stars, but had searched previously to that.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
deep water
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 01:11:06 AM »
I use A land and water exhibit,I found they like it real deep . and you can use the  biome  thing that makes ditches and add them to your exhibit to get more space for them I all so put in more than one filterto help the big exhibits

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
Re: A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
I never getthat problem :nospam:

Offline rtully

• Pooper Scooper
  • I love the smell of biology in the morning.
    • Dizzy Technology and Gaming
Re: A Big Problem In MM2
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »
It is possible that your animals are simply bored.  You may want to give them enrichment objects.  Then they can be like this rockhopper penguin!  

:pman: