Author Topic: This animall won't live much longer!!  (Read 3779 times)

Offline chameleongeek

• Zookeeper
    • http://
This animall won't live much longer!!
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:44:27 AM »
Hey everyone,

I just noticed a message on my zookeeper log that informed me that Koralie is very old and will not live much longer. I was very excited to see that , to finally know when we should relise them into the wild. The only thing though is that's the only animal I've seen it done on. Anyone know if it is on the marine animals only or a new feature only if their named will they do that? Thanks for any help.

Judith

I had a pic but it's not letting me post it. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:48:21 AM by chameleongeek »

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:45:07 AM »
It's definitely only for marine animals, and actually I personally have only gotten the message for marine animals that perform in shows.  I think maybe the game tells you this because the animal might be performing in a show and it takes time to train another.  Or it might only be doing it for animals with very long life spans.

I wish it did it for all animals, though!

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 01:21:52 PM »
so do i, ive only ran zoos long enough to see it for sealions and otters, and im always like, oh no! oh no!, and i give the animal like 20 treats and a bunch of toys. (kinda wasted on an animal that'll die in 5 minutes, but i have a soft spot for otters.):wub:

Offline conservationkid

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 08:23:33 PM »
i have only played the demo, but from what i have deduced, marine animals get sick, and go down quick, as well as beaching themselves in shallow water, which also makes them "sick", it took under 5 minutes for one of my orcas to die, unfortunately, and the zookeepers don't do anything either, just a little heads up, don't put shallow water in tanks with large animals.

Offline Lugger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 10:04:46 AM »
orcas and dolphins should really be put in tanks