Author Topic: Filter help  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:37:17 PM »
I only have the demo for MM2 so far and i became confronted with a conflict quickly:

how do the filters work? because i made a sea turtle exibit that has a beach section and the filter would be working fine but i would go into the tank and it would say clean tank his space bar and i would then go check the filter and it would be clear blue like it wasnt working..... and so i put a bench next to it and assignd a maintenance worker to it but that didnt help

also i will be swimming in a tank and i will get that same clean tank message within literally secconds of each other.... can someone help me so i will know what to do once i get the full version and while i am still playing the demo

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Filter help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:42:12 PM »
put multiple filters for crowded or large exibits, and put the filtering on frequent

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »
i dont think its a crowded tank because this has happened to me with only 2 turtles in the tank... in the demo i used the tank next to the entrance and didnt change its size

this has happened to me with 2 turtles but also it has happened to me with 5 turtles 3 being babies

could arctic cod have anything to do with this because i put 2 in their tank once and it got dirty but it has happened with out cod

i always have the filters on frequent aswell and i put the maintenance workers right near them on a bench but they never move

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:16:05 PM »
i hope this isnt a double post cuz if it is i am sorry i just really want an answer and it will be noticed better then if i just edited

so srry i know not to dbl post normally

but i really need to know how the filters work

latley i have no luck i have made a huge exibit of water and put a small island with
10+ filters all on frequent and 15-20 maitenence workers most who are assigned only to the filters and still i will be swimming in the water and constantly get the press spacebar to clean tank
i go to the island and find 4-5 dirty filters and all my maintanence workers wondering around in the middle like zombies even though they are trapped on an island with one purpose to clean the filters

which they cant do

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Filter help
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »
Well I imagine that you do know that once they get really dirty you can clean them yourself.  I think it might be the Arctic Cod.  I never use them and my tanks seem to be fine.

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Filter help
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 05:07:01 PM »
a bunch of enrichment does make the water dirty, dead lizard make it smell to the animals, and the fish make it dirty

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »
thx but
it will happen with no cod

and still i have 10 filters

and that doesnt tell me anything about the maintanence workers

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Filter help
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 06:47:40 PM »
I'm not 100% sure on the maint. workers but I know the Zoo keepers need to be able to leave an exhibit to "re-set" - perhaps it is something like that going on?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Filter help
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 07:13:36 PM »
Are you making sure that you are placing the filter so that the green arrow is pointed AWAY from the tank, not towards it? the green arrow LOOKS like it should face the tank, but thats where the maintenance workers need to reach in order to repair it or replace filters

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »
ok

the green arrow like the thing on the bench......

cuz on the filter i know the swirley thing goes underwater but then the arrow is pointing towards the tank

if the arrow isnt pointing towards the tank then the thing is red and doesnt work

or does it.... going to try

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
    • http://
Filter help
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »
Could be because even when the filter is set to frequent, it still filters periodically and not as soon as the animals dirty the water.

As to the arrow, just make sure the space with the arrow on it is not blocked by rocks, water, scenery or anything. Hope that helps.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 05:28:55 PM »
no my filters are the way you are supposed to put them except for the green arrow thing that doesnt make much sence.... nothing is blocking them

when its on periodically how often do they clean it

Offline shiela

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.geocities.com/jerzy_bear/index.html?1144296737562
where did the filters go?
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 09:52:15 PM »
ok i know im late in getting the expantion but i live in quebec and all the english ones where off the shelf in a snap so i got it for my b-day ive started the new mm and well i have put filters in place to make tanks clean easyer in non mm challenges and all of a sudden im in the mm challenge  i cant find them anywhere i went into the zoopedea and it doesnt state that you have to have a sertan amount of stars to us the filter where can i find it in the tank section animal section what? sorry if i sound snappy:pinch:  but the zookeepers are slow so i have to clean the tanks myself and its getting anoying

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
Filter help
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 09:54:13 PM »
It can get annoying, and yes you have to gain a 2 star rating [ I think ] before you could buy a fliter

Offline shiela

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.geocities.com/jerzy_bear/index.html?1144296737562
Filter help
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »
thats the thing ive gotten to 2 and even 3 stars and i cant find them do you remeber where exactly you find them under what icon so on and so forth ty in advance and for previous post aswell

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
Filter help
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 11:04:46 PM »
Its under the same "icon" as a normal freedom zoo

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Filter help
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 02:36:48 AM »
please do not start new topic where ones already exist especially when they are right next to the topicyou have started.   therefore merged.

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
Filter help
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 05:18:34 AM »
@Tazzie-Tiger99: I don't really know, but I think the filter will only clean at set times, and that increasing frequency only increases the number of cleaning times (unfortunately, there is no 'constant'). So there is still room for the water to get dirty if you have a lot of animals. I might be wrong though.

@shiela: It's under Show and Tank objects (the red ball with the star). If the filter has a beaker logo, it means you need to research it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 05:25:57 AM by WackyPanda »

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 06:32:38 AM »
Can you place a filter onto an combined exhibit without a tank?  I mean if you use tank wasl so quest can see into a normal exhibit, as i have around 40 penguins in an exhibit and it gets really dirty quickly

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Filter help
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 07:02:23 AM »
I have done this and it works well. Just make sure that the filters are very near the water's edge...

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
Filter help
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 05:23:44 AM »
thanks for the help

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
Re: Filter help
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 04:31:59 PM »
You may have to clean the filter :juggle:

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Re: Filter help
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 12:41:51 AM »
It may be stupid, but try putting the filter inside the water, it works! Not in tanks though or maybe! :blink: