Author Topic: Varient Skins  (Read 2779 times)

Offline conservationkid

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Varient Skins
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »
I have now downloaded both WinRar, and Dxtbmp, as well as the tutorial on how to make the skins, however, i am still having a ton of trouble, im not tooooooo computer programming smart, lol, but I have a tiny bit of experience, if someone could please help me that would be great, just pm me, thanks      
                                                        conservationkid

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Varient Skins
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:48:36 PM »
Well, the idea is to help everyone, if possible, so if you could post exactly what problem you are having, we could better assist you. Is it with the coloring itself? Or do you not understand the guide? :happy

Offline conservationkid

• Zookeeper
Varient Skins
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »
i dont understand the guide, or how to use the programs, lol, i have to go right now, but i will reply later

Offline naturelover5

• Zookeeper
Varient Skins
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 03:14:27 PM »
:crying I can't find a guide to making downloads! Where is it! :crying I really want to make a download! :crying

Do NOT post the same thing in multiple places, naturelover5!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Varient Skins
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 05:20:08 PM »
I am also having problems getting varients to work. I know its not my graphics level, because I can see everyone else's and the in game ones. I've been trying to make a yellowe version of the P. Wild Horse, and I know that it is located in the shared file, rather than the entities/units/animals file. I have downloaded Penguinman's VAT guide, have downloaded all of the programs, and use Adobe Photoshop to paint. I have even opened up Penguinman's P. Horse files to make sure that the content is the same, and they are. I have made sure that the compression is set to .zip, not .rar, and I have placed the .z2f file in both the install file for ZT2 as well as in the downloads folder, but to no avail. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction from here? It would be greatly appreciated. And, if you need clarification on any part of my process, please ask. Even if your suggestion is super simple, I want to hear it, because it just may by my solution! Thanks.

Offline Ooot

• Pooper Scooper
Varient Skins
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »
See if I can help, I've made a few skins:
-Do you have the entities/units/animals/name directory right?  Make sure name has been replaced with your P.wildhorse name.  Put the graphics there.  
-Did you do all four graphics?
-I'd put the z2f in c/programfiles/microsoftgames/zootycoon2.  
-Does the name of the folder with the graphics exactly match the P.horse's codename?
Hope at least one of these tips helps.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Varient Skins
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 10:34:27 PM »
Well, I've done all of those things. And...oddly enough...somehow the varients just started working! I can't explain it, but I finally got it to work. Now lets just hope it makes it to the downloads!

Well, off to do some more varients!

Thanks for your help!

Offline zoo_babe

• Pooper Scooper
Varient Skins
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 04:56:43 AM »
what are varient skins anyway. I feel stupid not to know. :.(

Offline zoo_babe

• Pooper Scooper
Varient Skins
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 04:59:03 AM »
hello? Is anyone there?

Offline zoo_babe

• Pooper Scooper
Varient Skins
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 05:01:56 AM »
:crying: :crying: :crying: I NEED to know! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Offline zoo_babe

• Pooper Scooper
Varient Skins
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 05:04:00 AM »
Aww crackerjack! I need to go to school now and varients are when an animal can come up different colors, right? yeah my bengal tigers sometime have a white one come up. and sometimes my af. elephants come up all muscular

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Varient Skins
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 05:18:33 AM »
hello zoo_babe and welcome to ZA.

ZA is not, however, a chat room and therefore answers will not come right away. You need to be patient. It is also against the rules to post more than once in a row.

Yes, a varient skin is when the animal has a chance of looking different.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Varient Skins
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 02:51:20 PM »
Just a note on new submissions to the downloads. We are currently uploading all the files from the old database to the new one so new submissions will be a while being approved. It is out goal to get all the files transfered before doing any testing and approving of newly submitted files.