Author Topic: Resizing and Recoloring Tour Objects and Shelters, etc  (Read 1827 times)

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Resizing and Recoloring Tour Objects and Shelters, etc
« on: June 07, 2006, 06:35:17 PM »
Alright. I need help, to say the least, lol. As you may or may not know, I have been working on a Lion King Varient Skin Pack, and to make it more complete, I've had some requests for things such as geysers that shoot green steam like in the elephant grave yard, rainbow bug bowls, etc, like Timon and Pumbaa eat, and a larger Kopje that would be named "pride rock".

Problem: I don't know for one, where these files are, what files to edit, and how to do it! AHH. Is there a guide or something that I can use to help me? Or is there someone who knows where I can get started, and perhaps figure it out on the way (lol...it could happen!)

Any assistance you could provide would be excellent. Thanks in advance. And mods, if there are already a million threads like this, I do apologize: just send me in the right direction(s) and feel free to close this.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »
Hey, you're talking to the right person here! As you may or may not know, I have done, both by myself and with Penguinman, many, many re-colors and re-sizes of things. For the Raptors' Spring Pack I made the snow machine 'spit' jelly beans and flowers, made the fog machine do 'rainbows'; Peacenote and I have just re-sized and re-colored both the Cat Climber and the Heated Rock; and Penguinman and I have made various Mineral Deposits. Not much can be done with the volcano, however, as it has 'hard-coded' red in it, like the restaurant roofs.

I got started by using a guide Penguinman has published at his site ZT2 DC. It's called the Object Creation Tutorial (OCT) and is available to members there. (It used to be here, too, but I can't find it anymore). The site is devoted solely to designing - there are no 'talk' Forums as there are here. I am the Senior MOD there.

So - come on over, join, download OCT and begin your Lion King pack! Both Penguinman and I (and others) will be happy to help you both here and there. Good luck and see you over there! :original:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:45:06 PM by penguinman »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
Thanks csleesburg! Yeah, I've been frequenting that site lately, and I thought I saw the OCT before, but I couldn't find it earlier today. I will have another look around and see if I can find it this time.

BTW, that's quite an impressive list you have going there! GJ on those, as I know that I use many of those things in my zoos now and I enjoy them immensly! See you there! (and here too, lol)

Edit: alright, found it by using the Community Downloads Database :laughing: I knew that existed for a very good reason!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:37:49 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 10:13:09 PM »
Glad you found it! I'll won't close this yet, in case you have any other questions. :original:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 10:15:27 PM by csleesburg »