Author Topic: how do you get bigger maps?  (Read 2921 times)

Offline rhinosrock

• Pooper Scooper
how do you get bigger maps?
« on: June 13, 2006, 07:23:03 AM »
How do you get bigger maps.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:39:52 AM »
in ZT2 there is no way to get bigger maps than already in the game - unlike zt1 there is no map editor.

Offline rhinosrock

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »
the people who post pictures on show and tell seem to have bigger maps or something. Is it just me or does anyone else see this.

Offline nicholasloh

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:07:54 PM »
I think they're just using the large city map. its bigger than the large TRF map, that i know.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 11:17:49 PM »
What zoohio, Penguinman and I do is usually use the Large Grassland map, then simply alter it to suit our zoo. It seems to be about the biggest one. :original:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 11:21:45 PM by csleesburg »

Offline rhinosrock

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »
when i look at the pictures i can not see the zoo walls

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »
Quote from: rhinosrock

Well, most people taking pictures usually make sure the zoo walls are not in the picture. Kind of like not wanting your little brother in your school picture! :laughing:

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 02:19:04 PM »
Quote from: rhinosrock

I always create ledges to hide my zoo walls :rolleyes: But no there is no way to get bigger maps than what are already in the game. I find that the grassland map is pretty large and perhaps larger than the others...also the large boreal forest map isn't too bad, either.

Offline j3nni

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 05:38:45 PM »
Its certainly something that has annoyed me from the start, the biggest maps still arnt all that big compared to the largest maps on zt1, if only bluefang would make a larger map size

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 12:04:54 AM »
Well, my comp is a little slow, so when I start building my zoo*, I usually get mabey twenty good-sized exibits in and my comp can then no longer handle all the movement...

*A breif veiw of my building style:
I start with one simple thing: A REALLY big food cort in the middle of the map with lots of space for additions later on. From there, I fill in the space on either side of the path, usually putting small animals in front. From there, I start adding 'Leaves' on, basicly little groups of exibits connected to a small path that connects to a main path that connects to the big food cort. I like to make the main path two to three sections wide, and circleing the perimiter of the zoo, conecting to the food cort in three directions. I like to go by biome then location when making these 'Leaves' in my zoo, but depending on what becomes available, I may go by size. I have never fully completed one of these zoos because of my computer's speed, but I plan on putting some up for dowload so someone can possibly finnish my creation.

Offline PegasusUnicornPhoenix

• Pooper Scooper
Maps
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »
I was wondering if there is a way to edit the map to where you can change the size of the map.I mean take a large and make it bigger. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »
Nope this is not possible. Have merged your question with a topic that asks the same thing. Please use the [topic=5628]Search[/topic] feature before starting a new topic. Thank you.

Offline veg_wolf971

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/veggiesnow
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 05:46:43 PM »
:)