Author Topic: Animal a white square on selection screen and Zoopedia problems  (Read 1970 times)

Offline RiverStrider

• Pooper Scooper
A blank white icon appears in the place of the animal's icon, and whenever I click on it the game crashes. The Zoopedia is also only showing a paragraph about the animal and nothing else.

How do I fix this?

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Animal a white square on selection screen and Zoopedia problems
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:24:26 AM »
Alright..
Zoopedia:
Don't use the zoopedia file that came with APE II, instead use the lang file tutorial located here.

Crashing:
That is caused by incorrectly named/edited .bfm and/or .nif files.

White box:
That is caused by incorrectly formated or named .dds file.

Offline RiverStrider

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 05:44:23 AM »
OK, I'll try that.

I didn't rename the .dds, .bfm, or .nif files, I'll go and try that...

EDIT: OK, after doing that the animal's icon appears, the zoopedia is working better, and I can place the animal without crashing the game. However, now the animal (it's made from the Zebra, by the way) is all white (the mane works looks how it's supposed to, though) and some of the icons in the Zoopedia are replaced by white squares (the animal's icon, the location, and the biome that's under the location)

Also, the conservation status under the animal's 'General Information' changes to the conservation status of the last animal who's 'General Information' I looked at, and the conservation status doesn’t even appear on the selection screen.

I had to remove some of the files because some were originally named 'ZebraCommon', and others just 'Zebra', so I couldn't rename both to my animal's codename because they'd replace eachother, that may explain why my animal is white.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:49:12 PM by RiverStrider »

Offline horsecrazy

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 11:38:46 AM »
Hi, im having the same problem, where are those file, what are those files, and also what do i change them too. Please help!: :( :

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 04:27:09 PM »
Alright..

The conservation status is because you did not use ES files. You need to get all xml and ai/tasks files from x100_000.z2f

To fix the white skin search for .dds in each of the xml files and make sure it matches the real skin.