Author Topic: Object won't show in downloads  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Object won't show in downloads
« on: September 05, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »
Has anyone had this happen to them? If so, did you find an answer?

My object will not show up in the game (but does show if you go the the downloads screen from the main menu of the game) but if I place the .z2f file directly in the game (meaning program files > microsoft games > zoo tycoon 2 > here) then it shows perfectly and everything works just fine (zoopedia and everything)...

Anyone have any ideas?:unsure:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:13:20 PM »
It's because items in the "downloads" folder need to have an accompanying .dl file in order to show up. The .dl file tells the game to look for the .z2f file there.

If you want more help on creating .dl, I think we have a tutorial here at ZA. If not, check ZT2DC

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:14:13 PM »
I'm assuming (always a mistake :lolol:) that you're NOT talking about a BF item? If you are, I don't know the answer. If a user-made item, then one of these two topics absolutely will help. Choose whichever suits you better. A lot of us have had this trouble, so give one a try. :original:

Topic #1: [topic=2500]Download Pictorial[/topic]
Topic #2: [topic=2203]Download Instructions[/topic]

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »
Sorry for not being clear you guys. :unsure:

The object is one that I made and I am trying to test in game. I do have a dl file, Mika - and Penuinman and I have both looked things over and I just can't find the error. I'm sure it is something simple/silly - it's probably a case of not seeing the forest for the trees...

That's why I was hoping maybe others had run into this and might post some ideas for me to try. :wink:

EDIT: :blushing: I found the problem... it was indeed my .dl file - I had overlooked an extra space in the .dl file...

:party5: Horray though! My first successful skins!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 07:40:43 PM by Nique »