Author Topic: Variant Skins?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Army Kid

• Zookeeper
  • Computer Geek!
Variant Skins?
« on: October 08, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »
I would like to create variant skins, but I have no idea how! Basically, my question is how do I do it. I don't even know where to start.

Offline SageofWater

• Raptor Pack
  • Zookeeper
Variant Skins?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:12:08 PM »
I think there is a VAT guide here or at The Design center that tells you how to make varients step-by-step.

Found it! You can download it here
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 04:21:17 PM by SageofWater »

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Variant Skins?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »
The VAT is very good it helps a lot :original: however if you have problems you can also search the topics there at the ZT2DC, or even ask in them yourself if you cannot find the answer. Good luck with your varient making!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Variant Skins?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:27:35 AM »
Well, every question on ZA should start with one action and that action is to NOT start a new topic right away. Before you do ANYTHING else, you should always check to see if your question has already been answered (and 9 times out of 10, it has). Luckily, one of our staff members was kind enough to write up a tutorial on how to use the search feature on this website, and you can find that tutorial HERE.

Also, both Budgie and SageofWater are correct...try using the VAT which is to date the best varient making guide that we or Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre have. The ZT2DC is a site that can be found HERE and is the only site devoted solely to creating animals, skins, objects, foliage, everything, for ZT2.

Offline ZTDinoFor2

• Pooper Scooper
Variant Skins?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 02:51:27 PM »
When I Used DerictX Texter Tool to try, It said it cant open the file!!!!!

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Variant Skins?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 11:05:33 PM »
Well since that's not the program that the tutorial references, we really can't give you help with that. Please download DXTBmp instead. There is a link in the tutorial.

Offline ZTDinoFor2

• Pooper Scooper
Variant Skins?
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 07:34:37 AM »
I Did!! But IT does Icons!! Icant load animals!!

PS it does not have PRVS.!!

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Variant Skins?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 11:41:05 AM »
DXTbmp opens ALL .dds files.  If it only opens icons, you do not have the right program or you are opening the file wrong.  You need to open DXTbmp first and then open the file inside the program.  Just clicking on the file to open it will not work.

Offline ZTDinoFor2

• Pooper Scooper
Variant Skins?
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:48:30 PM »
I Got Direct x texture tool from summer 2004 like ape ii said!!!! i did what you said to open, but still not working!!!!!!!

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Variant Skins?
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 07:39:51 AM »
Please reread through this thread. APE II is kinda outdated, so you should download Penguinman's VAT like everyone in this thread has stated and use that instead.