Author Topic: Ape II help  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Sonic_The_Hedghog

• Pooper Scooper
Ape II help
« on: October 29, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »
Ive read the tutorial like five times, and I don't understand. Can someone give a simpilar tutorial for those who aren't that smart when it comes to computers?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Ape II help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:29:14 AM »
There is no other tutorial. You have to work with APE II. It's not exact, though, because of ES/AA. You have to go to other designers and see what instructions they've given, or visit Penguinman's ZT2 DC to see other instructions. Sorry. : :( :

Offline Tyama

• Pooper Scooper
I need help with A.P.E. II
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:48:15 AM »
Here, I would like to have some information on APE II and to know where to go to take it because I are found only the tutorial.

Also I must inform you, I just speak French so I use a translator so sorry if you have difficulty to understand me.

I have APE 1, but not APE II, I have difficulty with APE 1 for chnger the color of my animals (in fact I was never able to change them) but I was correct for the remainder. Now I would like to find APE II to be able created my animals but I do not know where find it.

Would be you able to help me pleaze.

Thanks for trying to help me

Tyama

NOTE: My version of APE 1 is in French, if that of APE II is only in English, are not more serious.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Ape II help
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 10:56:55 AM »
Merged with a similar thread.

APE II is only a tutorial - it is not a program. You have to follow the tutorial in order to make animals.

There is no other guide that is available for use, so you will just have to go along with it until one does.

• Pooper Scooper
Ape II help
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 11:02:21 AM »
Well I get now that there is no other toutorial but could someone simplyfy it for me?

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Ape II help
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »
If you aren't able to understand APE II, then you should start off with something easier like making a varient to get some of the terminology down. Then I would suggest a scenery or foliage piece before embarking on making an animal. It's hard to simplify something so complex. You might as well ask someone to simplify for you what the meaning of life is - okay, that's an exaggeration, but under the same pretenses.

• Pooper Scooper
Ape II help
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 11:13:45 AM »
By varient do you meen by just editing the skin? Sounds kind of easy. I also really wanted to edit the models and see what I could do. I'm so poor at this I can't find the Nif files...

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Ape II help
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 11:23:04 AM »
The MM2 animals don't use NIFs. And editing models is another thing altogher...its not as easy as it looks. If you can't understand APE II though, I would suggest not trying to edit models.

Here are the tutorials we currently have. If you really want to learn to do stuff, the best place to go would be ZT2DC

Offline Venatosaurus

• Zookeeper
Ape II help
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 02:59:20 PM »
does this work just aswell for recoloring Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Ape II help
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 11:44:29 PM »
You can use any graphics program really to recolor: Paint, PSP, Gimp, and Photoshop are just a few examples.