Author Topic: Missing Name, and Zoopedia Entry  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Fawkes

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Missing Name, and Zoopedia Entry
« on: November 24, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »
Firstly, i'm a bit rusty when it comes to animal creation since i play Zoo Tycoon in phases.  Anyway, i decided to redo a project from a while back of taking a wolverine and resizing and recoloring it into a Tasmanian Devil.  After trial and error from previous attempts, i learned a couple dos and don'ts which i applied this time.  Unlike before when i ended up with a white box (which i know how to prevent now), now my animal is missing a name.  In the adoption panel, where there is usually a name, there is nothing.  When you adopt one and put it in the open, it says something like "1 needs to be put in an exibit..."  It's like the name doesn't exist.  I also think i messed up in the zoopedia entry.  Before i used to use the template in APE, but instead i tried copying the template from the official animals (bengal tiger to be exact).  In the game, the box is just empty.  It's like the game aknolodges the animal is there, but has no info on it.  I'll upload the file if anyone would like to help me look for the cause of the errors.

Tasmanian Devil
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 07:41:58 PM by Fawkes »

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 07:55:14 PM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem is probably to do with the lang file, you could try using the LET available at ZT2DC.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »
Yep, Budgie is correct. You have a problem with your LANG file. For one, make sure that anywhere it has zoopedia_codename in any file you must rename it to the codename in lower case. This happens once in the entities/units/animals/ai/codename file, once in the ui/zoopedia/entries file, and twice in the lang/1033 file.

Also, you should use a lang file from a user made animal as a template. You can use one of mine if you need a reference. Remember that the files for the animals changed with each XP, and so it might be easier to just see a user made one - the one from APE II is NOT correct.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 08:23:35 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline Fawkes

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 12:08:02 PM »
Quote from: Budgielover101;160224
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem is probably to do with the lang file, you could try using the LET available at ZT2DC.

Thanks, I figured it was the problem since I'm a bit fuzzy when understanding that section.  I'll try LET (amazed at how much ZT2DC has grown since I last posted here.)

Quote from: mikaboshi;160224
Yep, Budgie is correct. You have a problem with your LANG file. For one, make sure that anywhere it has zoopedia_codename in any file you must rename it to the codename in lower case. This happens once in the entities/units/animals/ai/codename file, once in the ui/zoopedia/entries file, and twice in the lang/1033 file.

Also, you should use a lang file from a user made animal as a template. You can use one of mine if you need a reference. Remember that the files for the animals changed with each XP, and so it might be easier to just see a user made one - the one from APE II is NOT correct.

Thanks Mikaboshi too.  I tried using a official animal and it was pretty hard.  I'll try LET, and if that doesn't work good, i'll use your animal as a reference.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 12:13:29 PM by Fawkes »