Author Topic: Crazy Plan  (Read 1233 times)

Offline zoolife

• Pooper Scooper
Crazy Plan
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:07:30 AM »
I was looking around the ZT1 downloads and made a discovery! Although it was RedNotDead that posted the original APE, cornerstone of ZT1 editing, it was made by Blue Fang!:surprise:

Maybe somebody could interview one of the game developers/programmers and find out how meshes were first made, how to edit them, and anything else we could want to know!!! :woot:

The only kink in my plan is that the only phone number on the Blue Fang website is a press release info number, and nobody answered when I called. :huh:

P.S. To RNd: You dont work at Blue Fang, do you? :sweatingb

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Crazy Plan
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:42:43 PM »
Nope, she doesn't, zoolife. She's a stay-at-home Mum with a 3-year old. She just KNOWS a lot! :lolol:

Blue Fang already published that they would not ever be issuing an APE for ZT2. Sideshow Bob has done one, and it's available here in our Zoo Tycoon 2/Downloads/Utilities section. It has not been, nor will it be, updated for the ES/AA/MM animals. We'll have to wait for someone else to write one. APE II (which is the one he wrote) does work, though, if you can work through the ES/AA difficulties. Searching Mika's Guides is a good place to start. :wink:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Crazy Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 01:48:36 PM »
Yep, and I'm in the middle of writing a guide, Creating Animals Tutorial (CAT) which you can learn more about in my projects thread.

And if BF gave away all of their secrets, then what motivation would we have to buy their XPs? None. The magician doesn't tell you how he does his tricks!

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Crazy Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 04:40:48 AM »
Good becuse whin I grow up I want to be like you Mikca and RNd.