Author Topic: New programs that may help with creation  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Slasher_16

• Pooper Scooper
New programs that may help with creation
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:24:30 PM »
 :dolphin Hey guys i don't know if anyone has found any new software to get around the animal creation problem that has occured (I'm talking about the one where we can't create our own animals from scratch) Well i found a website where microsoft talk about how they created some of their animals. I havent done much research into it yet but you are able to find it at http://HTTP://gamedeveloper.digitalmedia.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=28395-2 or if anyone is daring to download and muck around with the demo of panoweaver it is located at http://HTTP://www.easypano.com/index.html

Peace guys

P.S. Don't forget Steve Irwin Crickey!!! he was a good bloke.
 :dolphin

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Re: New programs that may help with creation
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:15:10 AM »
Moved to the Zoo Tycoon 2 Creativity Centre.

The link you supplied doesn't seem to work, but Panoweaver is simply so expensive I doubt it will change anything drastically.  Additionally Panoweaver is a panorama creating software package, not an animal/model creating software, so I don't think that's really the kind of program we're looking for.

Plus even if we did have the correct software, creating animals from scratch will never be easy.  3D modelling and animating from scratch, never mind getting it to work in game, is something that takes many years of training and practice and it's unlikely that frankly amateur designers as you find on the Zoo Tycoon 2 fansites will ever be able to make anything of BF standard.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:49 PM »
Theres a chance it just might work...

The free trial is, uh, free, but I think it's limited time. Anyone risky enough to take a shot at it?

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 03:48:56 AM »
It's a photo-stitching software.  It connects photos together to create Panoramas.  It is nothing to do with creating animals for ZT2.