Author Topic: Troublesome Dinosaurs  (Read 1471 times)

vivica cherry

Troublesome Dinosaurs
« on: October 16, 2005, 11:19:09 AM »
Since completing my first zoo on ZT:CC I decided today to make a dino's only zoo. I had problems with my first one because the giant ground sloths were so unhappy (despite having a perfect enclosure) that I was banned from buying any more. I couldn't change anything in their enclosure to make it better and they weren't cheering up any, so I decided to start again. Now, my plateosaurs and iguandon are having the same difficulties my sloths were. Perfect environment, but unhappy anyway...

...what am I doing wrong??

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 11:23:19 AM »
Originally posted by vivica cherry@Oct 16 2005, 02:19 PM
Since completing my first zoo on ZT:CC I decided today to make a dino's only zoo. I had problems with my first one because the giant ground sloths were so unhappy (despite having a perfect enclosure) that I was banned from buying any more. I couldn't change anything in their enclosure to make it better and they weren't cheering up any, so I decided to start again. Now, my plateosaurs and iguandon are having the same difficulties my sloths were. Perfect environment, but unhappy anyway...

...what am I doing wrong??
only thing I can think of is maybe there are too many animals in the enclosure, or improper male/female ratio. Also, guests sometimes freak the animals out, so they may need  more privacy with the fencing.

Also, I think there was a patch ZT1, so if you haven't downloaded that already it may help.

vivica cherry

Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 11:28:51 AM »
Well, when I take animals out, it tells me to add more and there are two males, two females in each enclosure. I have also provided adequate privacy. When I click on the animals needs, it tells me everything is fine.

What is a patch ZT1?

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 12:34:48 PM »
If you have CC you shouldn't need the patch. ;)

It may be an exhibit size issue.  It often says there isn't enough room, but it still wants more animals.  So you may just need a bigger exhibit.  I'd also recommend just using the foilage that it says the dino likes.  You may want to check out Wisco's, it should say the size you should have and give you guides on 100% exhibits.

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 12:43:16 PM »
yeah Wisco`s is very good for 100% exhibits

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 12:45:31 AM »
vivica cherry,

did you build the exhibit with the animals you have in the exhibit now? If so some animals get really mad when you are building the exhibit, so try replacing them with some new animals, This should help.

And a tip for future exhibits put only one animal in the exhibit to start with so its less expensive when you have to sell the animals and buy them back

Hope this helps

vivica cherry

Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 02:14:52 AM »
Hi everyone, I've jotted down your suggestions and I'm going to give them a whirl today after I've done the housework  :rolleyes

Thanks! xxx

Gorilla_man_ape

Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 08:45:19 PM »
hey als oif you dont make it so the dinos cant get eltricuted they won't reprdyce or be happy use no elctrified fences and lower exibits

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Troublesome Dinosaurs
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »
Pause the game and build, with the dinos in there. Check the zoo keeper recomondations, and do as good as you can. Then unpause it for a second, which resets it, and then continue doing that cycle until the dinos are happy.