Author Topic: Let's Face It, We All Do It...  (Read 15429 times)

Komodo_342

Let's Face It, We All Do It...
« on: August 11, 2005, 05:54:19 PM »
Let's face it. you're sitting there, waiting for the last few months of the scenario to pass by, and your allasourases are hungry and the scientist is still busy with the iguanadons....
it's going tobe another minute, the way that lazy scientist is taking his time staring blankly at the wal of the exhibit. you think of just pickign him up and placing him in with the allosaurouses, but then, you get a better, more evil idea...

so, you pick up a guest, and block the exit....

What is so funny about watching a series of 2-d pixels getting eaten by a huge dinasour? is it just the sinacle and twisted mind of the human race? is it the same reason we throw the guests in the river and see how long it takes them to get out of the zoo? Or does it have somethign to do with the voice in your head that says 'Hey, don't put the crocodile back into it's exhibit, it deserves to go for a walk, besides the guests can run...'

I don't know about you, but I often find myself droping guests into the jellyfish exhibit out of pure boredom. once i had a guy stuck in my zoo for a year, getting thrown into exhibits and rivers and back into exhibits again and once he almost drowned. He lived, though.

personally I haven't seen any of the guests killed yet, but I'm sure it could happen....

what are your tales of horrible deeds done to guests?

Offline elefriend

• Zookeeper
    • http://no
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 06:02:10 PM »
Sometimes i make a perfect zoo on freeform...then I put electrical fencis around the enterence.Then the whole guest area becomes one giant exhibit and i put lots of t rex eggs and lions and tigers.Muahahahaha! :P

Komodo_342

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 06:26:59 PM »
ha ha ^_^. but wouldn't the lions get eaten by the dinasours? -_O?

Superraptor

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 06:33:30 PM »
Yes.
Here's my story. Sometimes, I just snap. I go crazy. If it happens in Zoo Tycoon, my guests are doomed to a life of torture. I Elevate the terrain at the entrance so high that guests cant climb it, put rocks and water in, and electrical fences. Then I fire all staff, and the animals are released! A huge wave of carnivores! Every adult male guest is attacked and eaten! It happens all the time.

Komodo_342

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 07:04:31 PM »
heh. ^_^ Sounds fun. I'll keep that in mind.

..the most that happens when I snap is some very 'interesting' things on fanfiction dot net (you don't even waht to know what I've done to Sonic)  and a sudden lack of cheese and all cafinated foods from the fridge... and of course maniacle laughter.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline creationfan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 07:39:44 PM »
One time I just went off the deep end, I built an entire island area full of dinosaurs. When I had enough guests in the zoo all the dinosaurs "curiously" got loose and chased down the guests! I gave them one safe haven but needless to say, not many of them made it. I'm terrible, I hope those half inch tall people forgive me :lol .

Sometimes people on there do die, my sister decided to let someone swim with a sperm whale and 2 seconds later a message was on the screen that said that he was eaten!

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 07:53:02 PM »
Well, I've made an obstacle course outta an exhibit and I put a polar bear in one area of the exhibit. Then, I placed an adult male guest at the "start" and watched to see if he'd make it in time. When I put him in, he had no idea there was a polar bear in the same exhibit! (This is because the polar bear was behind a wall but he knew there was a guest in the exhibit!  :P ) The guest was walkin' along towards the exit, until this big ol' polar bear's all like "ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!" And he's like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Poor guy. I've also made a giant maze and placed a couple guests in with a TYRRANOSAURUS REX!!! Anyways, I'd experiment with different obstacle courses, it was fun!  :D

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 08:16:14 PM »
I build exbiets for Tiger Shark,Short Fin Mako Shark and Great White Sharks and kill the guest by feed them to the sharks

Komodo_342

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 08:30:05 PM »
Ahh! THat all sounds really fun! I'll have to try the maze thing!  ..and flames, yeah, it IS easier to feed the sharks with guests...

These are all great. Remins me of somethign i did once.

once, I purchased a swim shack, and put it close to the entrance of a now 500- guest inhabited zoo. you can guess how much buisness it got. Little did they know that the swim area lead straight into the hippo exhibit...

have you seen the jaws on those things!?  :blink  scary.

an, another time, i accidentlly left the game on without pausing. the cage walls deteriorated, and whe ni came back, everything was rubble and 15 guests had been eaten! Thankfully, only one gazell died, though.

Offline Spiderghost

• Honoriam Emeritus-Zoolander Forever!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 08:33:09 PM »
I too have from time to time punished litterbugs and overly grumpy peeps and even once put up a small decorative fence in an exhibit so that the lions could play volleyball with one of the peeps. Hey he didn't complain too much and amazingly a visit to a restroom and he was much happier. Hmmm I wonder why? :D

Komodo_342

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 08:54:57 PM »
:lol I actually would give anything for a zoo-tycoon sign that read- 'do not litter'- violators will be fed to the allosaurouses-

Offline TYCOON1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 07:51:54 AM »
Whenever I have this angry guest that I can't make him happy or anything, I put him in a carnivore exhibit, anything from a T-rex, Lion, or a Great White Shark. One time I played a freeform zoo and let loose all these bigfoots, komodo dragons, and grizzly bears and blocked all the exits. Sometime I have to try that again but this time have a Loch Ness Monster by the swimming area.

Komodo_342

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »
Ooooh! Loch Ness Monster!  :happy  ..umm.. just one question....

where do I get that one? Sounds cool. is it a marine mania cheat? ..cause I only got the cc and I don't think some of the mm cheats work in cc. I can get the mermaids, but....

well, back to topic.

So far we've seen wonderful examples of cruelty to zoo guests. This reminds me....

okay, now, first take a whole bunch of rocks, and make a big square out of them, so that there's no way out. now put an exhibit/atraction waaaay out so that the guests can't quite get to it, but know it's there. Now, fill the square of rocks with food and drink shops and a restroom. dump a whole bunch of guests in there who haven't gotten to the attraction. they'll be stuck in there, spending money for the rest of their 2-d, pixelated lives.

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 08:05:33 AM »
The Loch Ness Monster is a new animal in cc

Offline TYCOON1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 08:07:53 AM »
Originally posted by Flames The Dragon@Aug 12 2005, 09:05 AM
The Loch Ness Monster is a new animal in cc
Exactly. No cheat at all. It hatches from an egg just like the Plesiosaurus.

Komodo_342

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 08:52:40 AM »
Ah..... you know, I'm still confused....

I'll look into it, but are you sure that there's nothing you need to do to get it? I've done all the research and- it's not there.

Komodo_342

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 08:58:14 AM »
..you know, now that you mention it, I've heard that there's a komodo dragon in Zt1 as well.  :huh I KNOW I have the cc, (my best friend gave it to me after she got bored of the game-) but.... no sign of either of those animals. Maybe I jsut have the dd&mm expansion pack.... I'm not sure.  :blink

Offline TYCOON1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 08:59:04 AM »
Originally posted by Komodo_342@Aug 12 2005, 09:52 AM
Ah..... you know, I'm still confused....

I'll look into it, but are you sure that there's nothing you need to do to get it? I've done all the research and- it's not there.
It's there when the game starts. You have to filter the content to DD and then you'll see a purple Plesiosaur on the bottom. That's the Loch Ness Monster. And yes there is a Komodo Dragon. You need CC to have both of have those.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 09:13:51 AM »
I think you need to of DOWNLOADED the Complete Collection off zootycoon.com. It says it comes with two bonus animals. Try downloading it off their website. There should be something that says dowload endangered animals pack for ZT1.

Komodo_342

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 09:49:26 AM »
Ah. thanks, i'll do that once I have time.

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2005, 02:04:07 PM »
Well, I've, uh, drowned a few people, fed a few people to the whales, that's about it, I'm so cruel. :P

Offline HorseGal

• Zookeeper
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2005, 07:43:35 PM »
I put all the bad guests in with the carnivirous dinos and watch them get eaten......sometimes I lock the zoo with the electrical fence and set the dinos free on the guests, mwahahaahaha! I love torturing my guests
*evil smile*
I mostly love tortuting my guests with the dinos. Why, today I set a couple of the male guests in with the T-Rex......and some with the Allosaurus  :w00t

Offline Black Panther

• Zookeeper
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 07:49:35 PM »
It is irritating that only male guests get attacked or eaten. I would love to destroy those disgusting little kids *maniac laughter*. But as far as I know only sharks and T-rexes eat guests. I always used to do it but now its fun watching them get attacked in ZT2.

Offline Amazon Serpentis

• Zookeeper
    • http://s3.invisionfree.com/Street_X/
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 08:03:20 PM »
Muahahahahaha!!! The best thing to do is make a dinosaurian zoo, with all the dinosaurs. Then, silently fire all staff... block the entracne (pick up any new food items, oops... I mean guests and *dramatic music* DEMOLISH THE FENCES!!! Buy some popcorn, sit back and watch the carnage. I've never seen people run so fast :P ... Also, doing this will get everyone eaten, not just adult male guests. *evil grin*

Komodo_342

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 09:15:12 PM »
Ahh, yes, that sounds awesome. i must do that sometime...

..anyway, totally off topic, I once made this perfect zoo... no noisy rides.. it was quiet, and peacefull, with cherry trees and aviarys and jelly fish, tigers mermaids and all sortts of the quiet, calm, magestic animals...

and then suddenly all **** broke loose.  :lol

I'm not going to go into detail, but let's just say I had to sell all the herbivores.  :sad