Author Topic: Not Making Hardly Any Money  (Read 2508 times)

mitzibear

Not Making Hardly Any Money
« on: September 27, 2005, 05:07:53 AM »
Ok So on this new big zoo I am hardly making any money what so ever so months I do good to break even lol. I got rid of all things that was not making any money, also fired some excess workers etc. I am just not sure what else to do :( Any suggestions? On my little zoo everything is going perfect though I am lots of money each day what is the difference? I can't even afford to build any more exhibits and I have lots of land left. Also the guests are not staying very happy. My biggest money earned was cause my great white had a shark and some one donated money cause of that. When you are looking at the Income/expensies the ones in red are the ones you should get rid of right? Cause those are the ones I sold? Thanks for any help.

Mitzi

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
    • http://s15.invisionfree.com/shadowstar/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:22:37 AM »
Are you interested in downloading anything? Download the animal adoption center on this site. It made 65000$ for me in the first 6 months. Otherwise there is always the money cheat.

mitzibear

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 06:54:27 AM »
Ok will do that :) I already downloaded a few things :) Also One of the cheats to make the guides work for free is not working for me :(  I wish it would as it would make my guest happier lol.

Mitzi

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 04:48:07 AM »
You soon work out all the the little hints to get you going, but i do suggest when starting a zoo to not overbuild i.e. make sure you only build two or three exhibits and wait untill you start to make money, then build your next few exhibits.  If you expand too quickly it will be along while before you start to make money.

I always now start of with $10,000 when playing any size map, and by the third month am making money if not sooner. Hope this helps a little!

Offline Melt0s

• Zookeeper
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/Melt0s/
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 05:27:59 AM »
I like your style, Yoru Either Not Wanting to do the Money Cheat (Shift + 4 ($)) Or you dont know it. You cant go wrong with the money cheat, Try Get Tour Guides Instead of Workers (Of course have them but not as much) And Say Have A Keeper On 2 Exhibits, Put Prices Up A Little, And Resturants are like the best Income for me, Even If I Cheat. lol.

Good Luck ;)

Offline Tasmanian_tiger

• ZA Designer
  • Scientist
    • http://www.thylacine.be
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 06:32:00 AM »
Yes, as for entrance fee, it doesn't make a difference if it is 0 or 28.  So put that up.  For restaurants, you can easily go up to 13.50.  Like Taun says, don't overbuild.  If you start a zoo, with say, 20.000, a small exhibit soon costs up to 10.000, then you still have to build roads and guest accomodations.

There are ways to get more money.  One of them is getting a prize for great exhibit design.  The first one is 0, the second one is 15.000.  Take an animal which has an easy exhibit, like a thompson gazelle.  Then build one for the zebra.  You will have another 15.000 for a third exhibit.

You can also use quick breeders, sell off the young, like warthogs.  

All starts are difficult, though.  More so when you start with few money.  I notice from when I have about 10 exhibits, it starts going easier.  (I can build, without having to wait for too long between building periods.)  Restaurants, giftshops, etc.. are important to make money.  Don't forget to build them.

Also if you have a show, build a restaurant next to it.  People are very hungry when they leave the show, guests tend to get displeased if they don't have food/drink/bathroom right away.  Plus, you make extra money.

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 06:38:29 AM »
Also, strategicallly placed gift shops and carousels really make tons of money.

mitzibear

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 09:33:10 AM »
Thanks everyone the Adopt a animal really helped kick me into earning :) I am just about through with this zoo as far as building goes :) The only thing that is erking me is my guest happiness is like at 77 or 82 and I want it higher. I been reading some of the others boards and there has been lots of great suggestions here and on them as well. As for the cheat for money thing I don't wanna do that  :P  I would much rather earn the money even if it does take me a while.  And wow you all start zoo's with so little money I started this one with like 300,000 lol. Now I feel like a sad person haha :P :blink  I need to play some of the scenario's more as I have only beat 3 of them. I just like freeform building so much better though. Thanks again everyone.

Mitzi

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 10:28:39 AM »
Try starting with 500,000 till you get better. :wink

mitzibear

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
Thanks I will do that next time.   :cool  Does anyone happen to know of a site that tells you which of the animals in CC are endangered?

Mitzi

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 06:31:05 PM »
In CC? What do you mean by endangered? Do you mean the ones that give you 10000$ for having a baby? In CC, none.

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 12:09:50 AM »
Glad your enjoying the game,

I suggest play, play and play and hopefully find some of your own tips to share with the rest of us!

Bye for now

mitzibear

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 03:30:41 AM »
Really none of them? I know I got money for my White Tigers having babies something about them being endangered or such?? Hmm now I have no ideal. But it was a great sum of money. Thanks for the info :)

Yeah I am playing, playing, and playing lol..   :P  Its addictive to say the least lol. My kids are like can I play and I say no you have your playstation 2 lol.  No really I do let my one oldest son play :)

Mitzi

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 07:01:45 PM »
Any endangered animal that you research will earn you money when they give birth--ranging from $10 000 to $50 000 I believe.

As for guest happiness--it may be a good idea to check out some guest happiness articles in the articles section.  The best advice on that anyone can ever give is that Happy Animals=Happy Guests.  The animals are what the guests came to see and if they see them happy and in suitable exhibits, they will in turn be happy, making them happy spenders, which in turn helps your money problem.

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 07:11:57 PM »
Endangered species that will give you a $ bonus for the first time a baby is born are (I'm doing this off the top of my head, so forgive me if I forget any):

White bengals, snow leopards, black leopards, pandas ($50,000!!), okapi, lowland gorillas and maybe clouded leopards (can't remember on the clouded leopards)

I think that Wooly Rhino was saying that for the CC EXCLUSIVE animals, there is not a bonus for breeding endangered animals.  The above animals, however (which were all originally in Zoo Tycoon) will give you the $ bonus :)

mitzibear

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 09:32:40 AM »
Thanks everyone :). My animals are all very happy I have a rating on them of 98% still my guest are lacking in that department :)  Thinking I may need to add more flowers and such :)

Mitzi

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 12:26:41 AM »
Make sure you have plenty of bench's for them to rest on, also makes sure all there needs are cared for.

then look at making your zoo look beautiful

mitzibear

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 03:01:35 PM »
Ok will do all those that you suggested :)  I pretty much have rest area's covered hehe. Maybe they want more food  :D

Mitzi

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2005, 02:58:09 PM »
A good idea may be to place restaurants, they fill up every need to 100%, and can hold a lot of guests at a time.  Plus trash cans will decrease the guests happiness, but not placing them and having trash everywhere doesn't help either.  If you can find a good flow, then use that, but I would still recommend restaurants, they make a fair bit of profit and you don't need to place trash cans.

Offline Melt0s

• Zookeeper
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/Melt0s/
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2005, 04:12:49 PM »
With Mo On This One, My Restuarant Made (Over A 12 Month Period) $45,000+ Profit, And Thats Me Lowering the price still! Just Stick it In A Nice Place, Smack bang in the middle of something, Like I Done here, Straigh infront of the entrance, Screenshot Here

If Your Also Trying to keep the geusts stats up, Get Animal/Aquatic/Dinosaur Houses, And Get The 3rd (or highest) Stage Up. I Don't Recomend Swimmign with dolhpins or swimmign shack, As The Geusts are really tierd After. As I Found Out Today xP

And Most Defernetly Dont forget to put your Restrooms in.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 05:54:05 PM »
Originally posted by Melt0s@Oct 8 2005, 05:12 PM
And Most Defernetly Dont forget to put your Restrooms in.
Well if you have restaurants you shouldn't need to place a whole lot of them.  Like the elephant house and trash can (oh yes, No Elephant Houses!  they decrease adult happiness) they smell and lower guest happiness.  Good and bad at the same time. :P

Gorilla_man_ape

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2005, 09:30:14 PM »
ya it may caust money but market and researcxh the endangered animals so they cant mate and get cash bounses