Author Topic: Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2  (Read 49349 times)

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2005, 09:11:44 PM »
Here's a simple fact:

The Drinking Fountian is bugged.

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2005, 01:00:20 PM »
That is for sure. We need BlueFang to fix it.

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2005, 09:30:52 AM »
Is it really nessacery to wait for Blue Fang to fix it as loads of other more cool stuff can be produced by Blue Fang including in the the ES XP which might even have a proper working water fountain :w00t

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2005, 03:57:33 PM »
oh I know. Just saying. In fact if they were to fix it...which they should. It would probably be fixed in the XP.

Offline mikek21

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2005, 07:34:41 AM »
I have been running a very successful zoo when I started getting messages about guests needing places to rest, guests needing playgrounds etc. I was puzzled because I had plenty of everything that guests need in this zoo, and up until now everyone had been very happy.

I went and checked out the new drinking fountains I had put in, and sure enough, there were angry guests all around the drinking fountains. I deleted the fountains and the guests were able to move on, and their happiness was restored.

Adult guests seem to get stuck near the new drinking fountains. That's my take on it anyway.

Offline MinGraphics

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2005, 08:15:49 AM »
mikek21, that is what happens in my game from the first time I used it.  I thought it might be the user downloads I have so I took them all out and reinstalled the game with only BF updates and items and it still did the same thing, so it has to be the fountains.  
I had a 5 star zoo with not one person in the red when I added the fountain the first time and then I started getting all those messages and then the line of angry people by them.  It is very strange that BF did not get this happening in the test zoo when they made it.
I have just stopped using it!

SauronSLO

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2005, 01:34:45 AM »
Can you fix this AI bug or not?
Is this the right forum for bug report?

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2005, 11:32:16 AM »
SauronSLO, this is the bug forum, but it's really more for us here at ZA to see if other people are having the same problems, and to have a comprehensive list so Blue Fang can see what problems we're having and maybe address them in a later release or patch.   Most bugs are not something the members here would be able to fix.  If you want you could report your bugs directly to Blue Fang, they might write you back and tell you if they have fixes planned in the future.  Also I  know there are topics in other areas here at ZA on at least two of the three problems you described, you might want to search the forums and read those, as some people might have some work arounds or suggestions for you.  :)

As for me, I am pretty sure there is a bug regarding guests and the curvy sections of fences.  I have noticed a pattern that my guests ALWAYS get stuck in the curves, just walking and walking until all their needs go red, AND that it seems my exhibits with the low curvy fences are the only ones where guests mysteriously get into them.  I think somehow the guests think they can walk through the curved corners, and usually get stuck but once in a while magically get through!

Ruffed Lemur

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »
I just experinced the most unlucky bug ever. OK here goes;

I had this great zoo woth an extremely successful rhino breeding program, my first female gave birth, then my second female, then my first female was about to have her second child but she wasn't pregnent all of a sudden. It would've been my record: 3 baby rhinos in one year in one zoo. But noooooooo, instead the baby decided to not be there :angry  :><  :(  :sad  :(

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2005, 06:21:29 PM »
Sorry about your baby rhino, Ruffed Lemur.

I've been having a problem where if I open up a zoo and I had a sunken exhibit, many times the places where I had put objects, like substrate piles, will be raised, and I have to flatten the whole exhibit again.  Things will be changed, elevation-wise, that I KNOW I didn't do.   :blink

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2005, 09:09:54 PM »
Originally posted by Ruffed Lemur@Sep 17 2005, 02:11 AM
I just experinced the most unlucky bug ever. OK here goes;

I had this great zoo woth an extremely successful rhino breeding program, my first female gave birth, then my second female, then my first female was about to have her second child but she wasn't pregnent all of a sudden. It would've been my record: 3 baby rhinos in one year in one zoo. But noooooooo, instead the baby decided to not be there :angry  :><  :(  :sad  :(
I won't if it was a game or just really good AI? like maybe she had a miscarriage because it's so hard for rhinos to breed in the wild? or if it truly was a bug...

dende5416

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2005, 03:31:50 PM »
I encountered an unusuale bug just lately. So I was starting a new challenge zoo in ZT2. I decided to put in a nile crockidile exibit, so I set up the exibit and moved the croc over the exibit and... it was HUGE! I mean, about 9-12 grind squares long with each pair of legs spanning 3 grid squares. This hasen't effected any of my older save files, though. I hope it was just from a download animal, since I just added a large group, but I'm unsure. Anyone else see this bug?

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2005, 04:33:46 PM »
Originally posted by dende5416@Oct 14 2005, 06:31 PM
I encountered an unusuale bug just lately. So I was starting a new challenge zoo in ZT2. I decided to put in a nile crockidile exibit, so I set up the exibit and moved the croc over the exibit and... it was HUGE! I mean, about 9-12 grind squares long with each pair of legs spanning 3 grid squares. This hasen't effected any of my older save files, though. I hope it was just from a download animal, since I just added a large group, but I'm unsure. Anyone else see this bug?
I THINK I remember hearing of it happening when other usercreated downloads were in the game, but I could be wrong...  :erm

dende5416

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2005, 06:21:48 PM »
Originally posted by Honor+Oct 14 2005, 05:33 PM-->
QUOTE (Honor @ Oct 14 2005, 05:33 PM)
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t