Author Topic: Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2  (Read 45818 times)

hunnibuny

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2005, 09:31:13 PM »
Sometimes when I try to flatten land, there is a spike of land that just won't flatten and it's really annoying. Or I'll try to build a fence over land and it'll say I can't because fences can't be built on water.   <_<

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by said@Jan 28 2005, 05:04 AM
Yah that's the 'managing list' i was referring to.. its kind of a pain to have to go through that menu, and then you have to close the pop-up window (it turns a shade of gray), before you can actually do anything wtih your staff member even. I swear in ZT1 there was just a quick icon that let you toggle to your staff members quickly... am i crazy?
In ZT1 you could click on the staff button at the bottom of the screen- then select the type of staff member you wanted to find.

There were shortcut keys to the panel as there are in ZT2 at the back of the manual.  For example ctrl-h opens/closes staff panel in ZT 2.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2005, 07:01:20 AM »
Originally posted by hunnibuny@Feb 14 2005, 10:31 PM
Sometimes when I try to flatten land, there is a spike of land that just won't flatten and it's really annoying. Or I'll try to build a fence over land and it'll say I can't because fences can't be built on water.   <_<
That has happened to me before too.  Did you have water there originally.  I had a little pool but I wanted to lower it so I changed it to dirt but one part wouldnt lower.  I thought it looked kinda neat though, so I just built the exhibit around it and left it there.

Offline vampire

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2005, 05:32:40 PM »
if i play zt2 for about half an hour, it crashes.

owlcage

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2005, 05:35:33 PM »
Originally posted by vampire@Feb 15 2005, 04:32 PM
That is most definitely some kind of problem with your system, not a bug in the game.

Offline bluekittySC

• Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2005, 05:43:57 PM »
Maybe not owlcage, I've heard others report the same problem and their systems are just fine.

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2005, 10:41:16 PM »
Originally posted by vampire@Feb 16 2005, 10:32 AM
Hi- Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Could you please post your system specs in the thread Here for feedback to Bluefang.  Thanks.

owlcage

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2005, 12:07:47 AM »
Originally posted by bluekittySC@Feb 15 2005, 04:43 PM
Maybe not owlcage, I've heard others report the same problem and their systems are just fine.
Sorry, I wasn 't clear. I was taking "bug" to mean things like animals walking through fences, the kinds of problems we almost all seem to be experiencing.

But since many people can play for half an hour without the game crashing, most likely there is something on this person's system causing a conflict. Your system can be "just fine" -- i.e. free of malware or viruses -- and still have an outdated driver or firmware somewhere that will kill the game for you.

crayzee3

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2005, 04:59:46 PM »
Just a little update. I went into add/remove programs and it gave me the option to remove the patch so I did and that seemed to do the trick and the game works a lot better without it and it resolved my problem! The only thing that sucked was, somehow and I don't remember doing it, but the game got completely uninstalled and now none of my campaigns are done except the panda one because I had a back up of my saved files. So I had to start over and i finished a couple campaigns but I don't think I want to do the hard ones over again like the Asian one...

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2005, 05:12:01 PM »
Hi there.  As there is already a pinned thread at the top, I am merging this.  Thanks.

Offline cheech

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2005, 02:48:22 PM »
Is anyone having strange things happening in the challenge game? It asks for a picture to put in a magazine such as an Ibex resting in a stable. I take a picture of my moose family because another goal is to take a picture of a moose rubbing it's antlers. It counted the pictures of the moose as the ibex picture. This is the second time it's let me complete the goals with the wrong photo. I know don't complain.

owlcage

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2005, 03:32:25 PM »
Originally posted by cheech@Feb 18 2005, 01:48 PM
It counted the pictures of the moose as the ibex picture.
That is weird. Is there any way the ibex made it into the picture somehow? Like way off into the distance, even, was your ibex visible? I know they will often accept one picture to meet two conditions (like for "guest drinking soda" and "guest sitting on bench," if you take a picture of a guest drinking soda on a bench, it satisfies both photos).

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2005, 04:05:05 PM »
Originally posted by cheech@Feb 18 2005, 03:48 PM
Is anyone having strange things happening in the challenge game? It asks for a picture to put in a magazine such as an Ibex resting in a stable. I take a picture of my moose family because another goal is to take a picture of a moose rubbing it's antlers. It counted the pictures of the moose as the ibex picture. This is the second time it's let me complete the goals with the wrong photo. I know don't complain.
Is the ibex exhibit near the moose?  If so, it is probably like owlcage said, the ibex was in a stable and was in the background when you took the pic.  I have done it before, only with camels and moose.  I didn't even know the camels were in the pic, but I guess the fence was blocking it and the camera still counted.

Offline Sypke

• Copa Cabana
  • Senior Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2005, 11:41:15 PM »
Originally posted by cheech@Feb 18 2005, 04:48 PM
. It counted the pictures of the moose as the ibex picture. This is the second time it's let me complete the goals with the wrong photo.

this happened also once to me.  I don't remember anymore what animal I was suppose to fotograph.. but I remember it took a moose-pic for something else...
I didn't complain at that moment... :rolleyes:
and the exibits weren't closeby, or any other animal somewhere hidden in the back!!!!!

Offline cheech

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2005, 07:50:43 PM »
No the other animals weren't  in the view of the camera. I couldn't see over the exhibits fence. I think once they were 2 exhibits away and in the opposite direction of the photo's point of view.

Offline ZooKeeperMark

• Marine Biologist
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2005, 09:41:30 PM »
This really isn't a bug at all but my game loses some of the files again and again so i save them now in a folder so i guess it is kinda faulty then, :(

Dragonfire

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2005, 06:33:31 AM »
Wheee, I guess Im lucky! None of those things happened to me, but then again, I never have big zoos so I never hire zookeepers.  :rolleyes

The only problem I have had was with the babies being born outside the fence. When my camel was born he was on the other side of the fence, walking but not moving. I had to pick him up and put him into the exibit.  Lol!

But I also discovered new things....everytime I entered my zoo, it would say my baby camel (Prince) was being born, but he was born hours ago when I was playing before. 0_0

ShadowedKitten

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2005, 05:13:24 AM »
I was looking at one of my first, badly designed zoos, when I found the strangest animation glitch EVER.

Basically, I put my fencing at the bottom of the cliff, instead of at the top, and somebody slipped down to look at the animals, and got stuck between the cliff and the fence. However,  her body was walking in place, with her head about a foot in front of her "walking" in place as well!

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2005, 04:55:16 PM »
That's happened to my guests too!  Its funny.  It's just when they get stuck in a ditch of some sort.  One time i had this dude get stuck between two buildings. :lol

Has anyone ever had an animal stuck like this.  If all needs are in the red the game completely ignores them, like they are not there.  But if you move them to where they are not stuck, it suddenly starts complaining. :crazy

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2005, 04:58:04 PM »
Ugh, I've had that, so annoying! It's like going through the animal list, hey this peacock don't look so happy, put it out in the open, "Peafowl 1 is very hungry." No duh! :><

Offline Friend

• Marine Biologist
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2005, 05:07:57 AM »
i dislike it how my animals float up into the air when the graphics are on low and its a really slow, big zoo :mellow they have no idea how random it makes the zoo seem :erm

Offline BigCat

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2005, 04:25:22 PM »
ive had kangaroos floting/running in the air when running from another roo in the water.(ive even got pics, if i have the time ill try to put the up if there's a place fo that here or on another ZT site).

Harrypotter

Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2005, 06:55:03 PM »
My Ring-tailed lemur got stuck behind a Baobab tree and it was perfectly ok. But when i got him out he was suddenly sick and i was not fast enough so he died.  :><

Offline kyleap

• Pooper Scooper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2005, 09:48:49 AM »
I've notised th\t 2 but also my animals have bin akting strangely have u got this 2

:lol  :lol  :lol  well if so try to keep them away from your animals or they will b like mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please do not post in txt speech thank you.

Offline SwordMako

• Zookeeper
Bugs in Zoo tycoon 2
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2005, 03:49:25 AM »
I noticed that in Desert, Scrub, and Savannah zoos, the vultures flying overhead often will fly backwards. Sometimes they even change direction (fly forwards and then suddenly fly backwards or vice versa). And in Tropical Rainforest zoos, the parrots overhead vanish whenever you get them in the middle of the camera (it's annoying when trying to photograph them, as I was doing at the time)

And the game tends to crash for some reason, usually after working fine for a while