Author Topic: What happened to all the downloads?  (Read 4721 times)

Offline nd1706

• Pooper Scooper
What happened to all the downloads?
« on: July 26, 2006, 01:51:18 PM »
I have just started playing ZT again after a few years and remember coming to this site for downloads. Now, there must be a quarter of what there was then. What happened to all of the downloads? I specifically remember downloading a "Bird Pack" with all kinds of different birds, but now it's gone, along with many others. Does somebody know where I could find these downlaods?
Thanks

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:58:31 PM »
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. They should all be there. For instance, HERE is that bird pack you mentioned :original:

Offline nd1706

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:23:24 PM »
Sorry, I feel really stupid now... but where did you find that? I looked all over the downloads section.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »
After you click the link, look at the top of the forum and it shows the path to follow to find this dl.  To be more specific, it is in the ZT1 section, sub section Packs, sub-sub section User Packs.

Offline belleh

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 05:57:51 PM »
Actually yesterday, I was here and the total number of downloads for zt1 said 1008,

and today it only says 873:huh:

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:07:32 PM »
Okay I have just been running a wee check on the download database and we either need to send it to school so it can learn to count or punish it for lying. :laughing: :blink:

Fountain it says 8 I found 9
Foliage and rocks it says 35. I found 45
So goodness know how many are out.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »
yes the counter on the database does have its moments as we found out when we were uploading them for days it said there was nothing in zt1 maps even though there were hundreds in there so you best bet is just to look through each page or if you know what you want use the search button

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
Remember the Search Button
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »
The good, old faithful search button. I use it so much! It is amazing what you can find with it. I would recommend it to anyone. Also remember that there may be downloads on other members sites as well. There are lots of other forums with downloads out there, so I really like to take a look ate them all. Check the Member Sites for some examples. I would like to not advertise for any site here.

Remember the search button, : :P :

ilovesimgolf

Offline Ljb107

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 10:37:02 AM »
Hi

Is there a bird pack for zoo tycoon 2:original:

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 10:51:46 AM »
Not a pack, but there are some birds in other packs and as individual downloads, as far as I know.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 11:29:34 AM »
Hi everyone.  I know fern has mentioned this to me before, and I thought the problem had been corrected.  When I go to the main downloads page, it shows 1953 ZT1 Downloads and 490 ZT2 Downloads.  I was under the impression this was close to (if not 100%) accurate, but I am getting the impression this is not the case.  I will try to look into this and see what is going on.

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »
You could ask Red what she did because it came more right after she read my post.
 Maybe she kicked it.
Paths under objects definately remain fibbing though, saying (last time I looked) there was one more than there actually is. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that the ZTU path was transferred to the ZTU area but for some reason it is still counting it.

Maybe it counts transferred ones as still being where they were originally posted? Just a thought.

Offline Ljb107

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »
Yes

I know that i have purchased zt2 es and zt2 aa but there arent many birds!!!

Offline wolfluver

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 02:40:42 PM »
okay, is it my computer, or is there no downloads at all for ZT?  I just checked, and there were none!!:crying: :blink: :surprise:

nevermind, you have to go in to where they accually are!! guess I overreacted a bit hehe
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:43:18 PM by wolfluver »

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 04:56:21 PM »
Yes it is just the site telling fibs again. It likes doing that.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »
Believe this is fixed now.  Could someone do a spotcheck and see?  I checked about 5 categories and all of them seemed to be correct.  Thank you and best regards.

Offline Miami Gator398

• Pooper Scooper
  • This is Brutus. He thinks you look yummy!
    • My MySpace page
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 06:40:38 PM »
are you sure that all the dls are there? Ive been looking for a zt1 dl that was a jeep like the one in JP, and it came in a pack with a gate like in the movie. I remember getting it from ZA, but back before the site remodeling...:unsure:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 11:45:19 PM »
maybe you just didnt look hard enough :original: i found it quite easily
ZTU Dino Digs pack 2

Offline Miami Gator398

• Pooper Scooper
  • This is Brutus. He thinks you look yummy!
    • My MySpace page
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 08:29:23 PM »
Sorry..:sweatingb  I was looking for something with JP in the file name or description. Of course you knew what I was talking about...you made that one. Thanks!:specool:

thanks for the compliment but i didnt actually make it i just uploaded it to the database when we changed databases - the way i found it was type jeep into the search box on the downloads page
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:37:48 PM by RedNotDead »

Offline scampy1

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 02:49:44 AM »
I thought there use to be an information booth? I was sure I downloaded it from here a few years ago.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:17:18 AM by scampy1 »

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 03:16:56 AM »
Mark Bells Info Booth  Please use the search button in the downlaods area to find what you are looking for.  I just typed booth into the search box and found this easily.

Offline scampy1

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 03:22:47 AM »
Thank you! I didn't use the search function. It has been a while since I was last on this site. I just have to get use to it again. That RCT Info Booth isn't the one I was looking for. I just installed. THe one I was looking looked like a normal Zoo tycoon booth but it sold a map and a dinosaur book. It must have been from another site. Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:50:56 AM by scampy1 »

Offline scampy1

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 07:34:21 PM »
Want to appologize. I finally found it on my second hardrive. But the site where I got the information Booth I think no longer exists. The building is agood money maker. As people buy maps to look around you zoo. Plus I found a heap of old downloads. Such as applebees restaurant and other downloads which I am now going to install.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:07:56 AM by scampy1 »

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 09:19:04 PM »
Some of DJ Designs are still available from Jane at Tek
Be very careful installing some of the old files. There are warnings about applebees and many others on the posts at the Download Directory.
Some of them are on my fix list. Also do not install files that have exe files as these usually have a patch dll which caused problems

Offline scampy1

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 04:10:29 AM »
Thanks for the warning. I just got back from work. The only one I have installed is the Information booth and the marine mania trash can. But I will hold off on the others.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:35:32 AM by scampy1 »