Author Topic: ZT1-CC Problems  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Landlubber

• Pooper Scooper
ZT1-CC Problems
« on: October 02, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but we are having a couple of problems with ZT1-Complete Collection.

According to the manual, and the tutorials, when you want to add scripts to the Marine Mania shows, you click the show platform and are supposed to get a menu to add tricks to the show.  We are getting no show script menu, and can add no tricks to the shows, although some tricks are showing up automatically after adding show tanks.  Is there no way in ZT1-CC to add tricks to shows?  We have searched everywhere and can find nothing.

Also, we can NOT change pricing on the grandstands at all.  They are always set at $0.00, and there are no up/down arrows to change the prices as there are on other commercial buildings.  I suspect this may change later in the games, but have not seen it yet after building entire parks, in all modes, including freeform, and waiting quite some time.  Any idea how we can change entrance prices to grandstands?

We are using ZT-1 Complete Collection, Version 12.04.00.0009, with Dino Digs and Marine Mania.

TIA
Landlubber

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
ZT1-CC Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 02:06:38 PM »
There could have been an error when the game installed.

What I suggest

1. go to the  utilities & hacks section of the downloads click on utilities and download the ZT Registry Cleaner.

Unzip it to a folder on your hard drive.

2. Backup the zoo.ini file in the main ZT folder and the dlupdate, saved games and screenshot folders so you don't lose anything you may have.

3. Uninstall the game

4. runthe registry cleaner by double clicking it's exe file. This will remove any tr4aces of ZT from the system registry.

5. Reinstall the game and run it for a bit before adding anything you backed up just to be sure it is running properly. Try building a tank exhibit and see if you can add the other tricks and adjust the price of the grandstands.

Not all tricks are available when you first build a tank exhibit. They have to be researched just like some of the buildings and animals. When I start a new zoo the first thing I do is make sure I start the research so I have everything I need as the zoo progresses.

You can also use the freeform unlock in the hacks section of the downloads. This only works for new zoos and will not work on a saved game. You will have to be sure to run the research on a saved game if not all was completed when you saved the game.

Whatever was available before you saved will still appear in your saved game when it is opened but the research for it may not be done so be sure to run it if you use the unlock hack.

If this does not help solve your problem please post again so we can see if we can find out what may be causing the problem.

Offline Landlubber

• Pooper Scooper
ZT1-CC Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 05:34:29 PM »
>There could have been an error when the game installed.<

>If this does not help solve your problem please post again so we can see if we can find out what may be causing the problem.<

Thanks for your help!  I'll give your suggestions a try and let you know how it goes.  I thought maybe it might have been an installation problem.

I forgot to mention our hardware.  We're running a P4-2.8G-HT, 1-Gig of Ram, 64-Meg Intel Extreme graphics, and Win-XPH.  Anyone know of problems installing ZT-1CC in Win-XPH?

We've been running ZT2-ES-AA-DD, and most everything seems to be running fine on it, but I did have to reinstall it every time we added a new disk, which was pretty strange.  But some software have a few problems.

Thanks again.  :)

Offline Landlubber

• Pooper Scooper
ZT1-CC Problems
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:55:16 PM »
>There could have been an error when the game installed.<

>If this does not help solve your problem please post again so we can see if we can find out what may be causing the problem.<

I took your suggestion and reinstalled CC.  It works fine now with no add-ons.  The show script menu shows up, and the grandstands have pricing on them now.  When I put our add-ons back in I'll let you know if there are any problems again.

Thanks much!  :)