Author Topic: ZT1 Downloads... There are alot.....  (Read 2024 times)

Offline wolfpakldr

• Pooper Scooper
ZT1 Downloads... There are alot.....
« on: October 08, 2006, 02:37:32 PM »
Ok so there I was, browsing the wonderful site of Zoo Admin when I came across all these awesome .ztd files. At first they looked funny to me cuz I never dealt with such files till i then looked at how to install the .ztd into my zoo tycoon directory.  Excitement spread throughout my mind as I clicked on the links to get the ultimate zoo experience. I download them then it happens..... Zoo Tycoon Crashes!!
 No problem I said to myself. I will just delete all the files that I downloaded. Did I forget to mention that I deleted more files then I should have. Anyway... Zoo Tycoon CD's to the rescue. All I have to do is redownload the game and all will be good. I sat and waited for the whizzes of the CD-ROM to stop and when I looked up at my screen, the display asked me if I wanted to play the game. Sadly I had to decline, but I don't regret it cuz I had one more disc to put into the CD-ROM. Waiting patiently, I continue to browse the site for more kewl user made items. Still waiting, I decide to download more files so that I can use them into the game. DING... the game is now fully installed. So i began to install the items one-at-a-time. A tedious task that had to be done. After spending all day downloading the zip files into the directory one-at-a-time to ensure that my game doesn't crash... it happens. The game crashes.
  No problem. I just take the last item that I downloaded back out and wa-la the game doesn't crash. So just for grins and giggles, I try to download one more file and the game crashes. I did this many times. After taking out the last downloaded item and getting the game to not crash, I looked at my update folder and it tells me that I have 181 files in it.
Now I have to wonder....... How many updates can one have? cuz I still have more that I want to use.
:zorro:

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 02:49:12 PM »
You can only have 360 ztd files and like 65 dl files.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 02:51:05 PM »
Well there are limits to the amount of downloads you can install, and there is a DIFFERENT limit to the amount of .dll files you can use, and that limit is smaller.

To help with this, there are some combined .dll files available for download here at ZA that can replace many user made .dll files, allowing you to use more downloads at one time that require .dll files.  You can find these .dll files HERE, and each one should list the downloads they work for.

I do forget the specific numbers exactly though.  Search around, they're definitely talked about elsewhere on this site, and I'll come back and give you the link if I find it myself.  :wink:

EDIT:  Zoocrazyman, I see we posted at the same time!  wolfpakldr, I do believe those are the correct numbers that he lists, or at least very close.  I think the amount of downloads you can have changes dependong on whether you have ZT1 CC or not.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 02:57:53 PM by Peacenote »

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 03:13:21 PM »
Ya.I think what I said would work with ZT1:CC

Offline wolfpakldr

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 03:32:04 PM »
Well, that sux.. talk about limited use heh. anyway thanks for the info.

PS i already did the dll file downloads :) still didnt help my case but all is good. will have to go through and chose my favs :)

Offline Ironchef

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Super Hero is my Secret Identity
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 04:20:19 PM »
is it the same for Zt2.  I have a lot of user dl's.  My game has slowed down, but not crashed.  I figure better to find out early right!?!

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 05:10:52 PM »
Yup

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »
I don't know who you are saying yup to, but please try to post more than one word answers and make things clear....

Ironchef: There is no limit to ZT2 files that we know of and I do not see any reason that there would be one. :original:

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 05:19:39 PM »
Sorry.I was saying "Yup" to Ironchef who said it's better to find things out early.

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 05:33:09 PM »
You can have heaps of the downloads in your game. All you need to do is learn how to combine .ztd files.
The game limits how many .ztds you can have but if you combine lots of files into one .ztd that is how you can have lots more. There are descriptions at most ZT sites on how to do this. And it is easy.
Also what a lot of us do is save the downloads in separate files and move them in and out of the game depending on what we require at the time. You will probably find various descriptions of this around too
This also saves on having to redownload all the time.

Offline Ironchef

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Super Hero is my Secret Identity
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
Alright thanks.  Better safe than sorry, right!?!