Author Topic: Witches on Oct. 31/Halloween Easteregg  (Read 2151 times)

Offline web_wizard

• Pooper Scooper
Witches on Oct. 31/Halloween Easteregg
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:01:53 AM »
Ok..Ok...maybe I misunderstood the manual....I thought we would only see witches when the game date was october 31....Today, being the real halloween, I have 4 witches flying around my zoos....is this a normal part of the program or do I have a witch glitch??...Its getting so that I cant tell which witch is which....Do other easter eggs work the same way??...Will Santa Claus be a permanent resident on December 25?..

Sincerly confused,
  Web_wizard

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:08:41 AM »
They've come to visit you today.  You should also notice all the guests come in with orange shirts and if I remember correctly, the roofs of the buildings turn orange.  Look through your scenery and you'll find some jack-o-lanterns to decorate with.  I haven't played ZT1 in a while, but I think I will today!

Tomorrow, if I remember correctly, the witches will be gone, but you'll still see the orange shirts and the jack-o-lantern decorations.  Happy Halloween!

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:31:50 AM »
Yes this was somehow programed into the game and Yes santa will appear more than usual just like the witches on Dec 25th.

Enjoy the fun.

Offline Spiderghost

• Honoriam Emeritus-Zoolander Forever!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 11:03:40 AM »
I forgot about this, seems like Lisa and I were thrown for a loop by this while doing one of the Zoo Community zoos a few years back. This probably doesn't surprise you at all does it Wendy?  I meant the part about Lisa. lol

Offline web_wizard

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »
Thanks everybody for answering me...Im glad I dont have a "witch glitch"....In my zoo I just witnessed Santa Claus and the witch in the same screen...it was quite fun...Thanks again

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 05:51:51 PM »
anytime web_wizard that is what this site is all about.

Spidey you being thrown for a loop for any reasone wouldn't surprise me....lol

As for Lisa I know she's totally innocent in all this...lol

Enjoy Greece buddy and Welcome back glad to see you posting again.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Attack of the color orange!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:42:08 AM »
I just got this weird new problem.  When I went into one of my saved games, all buildings and guest's clothes were ORANGE!  I thought that it might be that file, but when I started a new map, all the guests that came in, were wearing orange.  So I saved the game with all buildings as different colors, and I got off the game.  Then went back on and everything was orange again!  So what mightbe happening?  I have downloaded some things, but I haven't done any recently for like 2 weeks.  I know it can't be the files, I think.  So what could it be?:wacko:

EDIT: This is weird.  I just posted this in the ZT1 Tech Problem Section.  I just checked and it was there, and now for some reason its here.  I'm going to go post it in the correct spot.  Please delete this.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 08:49:00 AM by MarineManiac »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 09:04:15 AM »
It's a holiday 'easter egg'. Witches in the sky, all the guests and buildings turn orange. You'll also find pumpkins to decorate your zoo with. :original:

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »
Are you sure?  Because it was doing this on July( on my saved game) and January (on a test saved game to see what the problem is)  Every time I save it after changing the colors back, it goes back to orange, that's one weird Easter Egg, if that's what it is, lol.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 12:37:09 PM »
the easter egg works on the date of your computer not the game date - try it change your computer day to Oct 31 at any time and all your guests on that day will be in orange.  Its Well known.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 03:49:48 PM »
I did not know that.  Never happened to me before. I got it now.  Thanks for all of your help.

Offline dinomaster30

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 06:34:11 AM »
another easter egg for october is that all dinos are half-priced