Author Topic: Varient problems  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Spirit of the Night

• Pooper Scooper
Varient problems
« on: July 28, 2006, 10:06:39 AM »
i have tried all kinds of things to get my varients to work, but they will not. can someone please help me put them in a folder that they work in? I have put them in the downloads folder, in the ZT2_00..... folder, i have made new folders simulating what other downloads have, but still they don't work. Please Assist!!!: :( :

EDIT: it may have something to do with some not haveing DL files. Can i make these? The only one i have that works is Xavi's realistic thompson's gazelle varient
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:12:25 AM by Spirit of the Night »

Offline RiverStrider

• Pooper Scooper
Varient problems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:42:45 AM »
So I'm guessing from your post that you created the 'Downloads', etc. files yourself? I read somewhere that the game won't recognize them if you made them yourself...

Here is another way to try and get downloads yo work in your game if putting them in the Downloads folder doesn't work.

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Varient problems
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:16:40 PM »
Put any variant .z2f files directly into your main Zoo Tycoon 2 directory folder, which is probably c:\program files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2.  I find that they never work in the normal downloads folder.

Offline Aries

• Pooper Scooper
yeah .. help? With variant skins
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 09:12:08 AM »
I feel this is the wrong forum to post in for this, and feel stupid for asking it, but .. I need help installing Variant Skins, I downloaded several, from the Prtzewalksi(sp) Horse to the Giant Sable Antelope, yet- I can't get them to work, and no matter how much I searched, I couldn't find a guide that could help me. I did the same with them as I did when I finally figured out how to get the animals into ZT2 finally, but, they still won't work.

:/ and to answer questions before asked, yes I have ES, AA and the DD or whatever the four dino expansion was called.

Man this is the first time in a long time when I felt like a noob.

Anyways can someone please, PLEASE, help me?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Varient problems
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 09:25:58 AM »
Moved to correct spot.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Varient problems
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 11:38:39 AM »
Sorry, CSL, Also merging with one of the numerous topics on this. Please try to use the search option before you decide to start a new thread. You can find instructions here

Offline Aries

• Pooper Scooper
Varient problems
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:52:41 AM »
... ._. I did use the search and it kept giving me this 'no threads found' thing. And those instructions don't help me, I put the varient/variant/whateverent skins the same place as the downloaded animals- the animals work, the skins don't, that is my problem. I have tried them in the folders, outside the folders and even renaming the folders and putting them back in. But the animal skin variants still will not work. This is what I'm asking help for- I already know where to put the animals to make them work, it's just, the variant skins DON'T want to work. I need help for THAT.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Varient problems
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 11:59:25 AM »
c:\program files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 is the place to put any file without a .dl with it, which is what most of the varients are classified as. this is DIFFERENT then the DOWNLOADS folder

If your graphics are on low, you won't be able to see the varients. If you don't have Endangered Species, they won't work.

Please don't be so rude to those who are trying to help. I put your question here because it is related to the question that this thread answers.