Author Topic: Missing Ibex Causes Crash  (Read 1821 times)

Offline docu3

• Pooper Scooper
Missing Ibex Causes Crash
« on: October 25, 2005, 06:52:39 AM »
I have recently reinstalled ZT1 the MM/DD expansion.  When I start a freeform game there is a blank tile in the animal adoption menu.  If the cursor scrolls over it the whole screen goes black, then the game crashes and it dumps me to the desktop.  The only error message is the typical MS "Send/Don't Send".  I think I've figured out that the missing animal is the Ibex.

I've uninstalled/reinstallded twice now.  I've also tried cleaning out the registry before reinstalling.  I've tried installing ZT1 without the expansion and I have the same problem.  There are no downloaded additions to the game at this point.  If I open a new project in APE, the Ibex does show up.

I'm running Win 2000 with DirectX 9 or so.

Any thoughts?

Offline ralph

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:41:16 AM »
I assume you have the orginal game and expensions?

Offline docu3

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 08:38:27 AM »
Yep.  Store bought US version.  Original game disc, plus MM/DD expansion (not CC).

Offline Tasmanian_tiger

• ZA Designer
  • Scientist
    • http://www.thylacine.be
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 08:50:28 AM »
Never heard of this problem.  Doesn't mean no one has.

I know, with usermade animals, that if you do something wrong while making them, going over the icon also crashes the game.  I never had it with an original animal.

Maybe try copying your animals.ztd and animals2.ztd from your cd to where you installed ZT.  Overwriting the files that were installed, I mean.

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 08:57:02 AM »
Do you have any user made animals installed? Cause I know there is one that causes the Llama to be unnamed.

Offline docu3

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 04:01:37 PM »
I tried copying animals.ztd and animals2.ztd from the original ZT disc and replacing the installed files.  The blank tile is still there, but I can select it.  If I click the "info" button, the game crashes again.  It looks like it is the same as the user-created invisibility problem.  I can actually select the empty tile from the animal adoption screen and place an invisible animal into an exhibit.  The game shows some squares for the animals name, but the Ibex is the only thing missing from the adoption menu.

No, I have no user created things installed.  I don't even have any official updates installed.  Currently, I don't even have the expansions installed, just the US version of ZT1.

Is this weird or what?  Any other ideas?

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 12:14:28 AM »
Hmm, maybe it's the DLL files, or something totally different. I would suggest reinstalling.

White Fox

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 04:25:48 PM »
Hm, i once had this problem with the Asian Bear.  It did exactly what u described.  I can't quite remember what i did though  :>< .  You should try reinstalling it, like Penguino said, or you could try mention this to blue fang.  They might have a solution for you.