Author Topic: Is There Any Way To...  (Read 1904 times)

Offline ChaosBlade

• Pooper Scooper
Is There Any Way To...
« on: November 21, 2005, 03:30:51 PM »
Is there any way to get rid of a DL without uninstalling the game?

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
Is There Any Way To...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 04:11:52 PM »
Yes just find the file of the download you wish to get rid of, right click, and click delete.

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Is There Any Way To...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 04:15:11 PM »
when you install downloads, they are essentially put in a seperate folder. To remove the download, you just have to go to folder you put in it initially(I think it's "updates" or "dlupdates" or something like that. The readme that comes with the download should say the folder it goes in) and take out the files for the download (usually just one, but for some things it's two files). You can either delete the files entirely (by clicking on the file and pressing the "delete" key on your keyboard) or you can take the file out and save it somewhere else for safe keeping. I myself have a folder in My Documents labeled "ZooTycoonQuarantine" for downloads that are causing me trouble or I just don't want in my game but don't want to completly delete. I recommend setting up such a folder (name it whatever oyu want) to store downloads in case you want them later.

Offline ChaosBlade

• Pooper Scooper
Is There Any Way To...
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 01:36:17 PM »
Originally posted by Honor@Nov 21 2005, 06:15 PM
when you install downloads, they are essentially put in a seperate folder. To remove the download, you just have to go to folder you put in it initially(I think it's "updates" or "dlupdates" or something like that. The readme that comes with the download should say the folder it goes in) and take out the files for the download (usually just one, but for some things it's two files). You can either delete the files entirely (by clicking on the file and pressing the "delete" key on your keyboard) or you can take the file out and save it somewhere else for safe keeping. I myself have a folder in My Documents labeled "ZooTycoonQuarantine" for downloads that are causing me trouble or I just don't want in my game but don't want to completly delete. I recommend setting up such a folder (name it whatever oyu want) to store downloads in case you want them later.

Thanks, but for some reason, it didn't work.  :huh

Offline ChaosBlade

• Pooper Scooper
Is There Any Way To...
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 06:44:07 PM »
The files I downloaded are not in the updates folder, but they are still in the game. Can someone please help?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Is There Any Way To...
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 07:38:32 PM »
Ok....to better help you out could you please tell me the name of the downloads you are trying to delete and how did you install them in the first place?

1) Manual install - cut & paste into game folder and what folder did you put them into
2) Use the ingame installer

Offline ChaosBlade

• Pooper Scooper
Is There Any Way To...
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 07:40:30 PM »
Originally posted by Yellowrose@Jan 1 2006, 09:38 PM
Ok....to better help you out could you please tell me the name of the downloads you are trying to delete and how did you install them in the first place?

1) Manual install - cut & paste into game folder and what folder did you put them into
2) Use the ingame installer
I'm trying to delete one of the files from the nature vs. zt hack, meiolan.ztd to be exact. I used the ingame installer to install it.

rovingcowboy

Is There Any Way To...
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 08:43:21 AM »
you might not beable to get rid of it if it is just one of a pack you installed

but if it was only one then it has to be in the updates folder.

if you have deleted it and it still shows up in the game then use a registery cleaner and clean out your registery it might still be holding the hotkey for that hack.