Author Topic: Need Help On Game Crashing  (Read 1861 times)

Offline calia386

• Pooper Scooper
Need Help On Game Crashing
« on: December 24, 2005, 08:34:25 AM »
:) I need help with my zoo tycoon complete collection. I downloaded stuff from your website, and I have tested it as I went along, but after I downloaded stuff from the user packs section, my game got all messed up. When I turn it on, it plays music for a second then shuts down on me. How do I find out exacly what files are causing the crashes? Is there an easy way? I have tried taking files out and putting them back in, and I have more than one bad file.  Thanks

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 09:23:44 AM »
how many downlods i.e. ztd files and .dll files do you have - there is a limit on the amount you can have and if you go over that then the game will crash.

Offline calia386

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 12:24:20 AM »
:shocked   I didn't know that. I didn't read the manual when I got the game, but never thought there was a limit. I have the sims, and if there was a limit in that game, then I would really be in trouble. I just assumed since it was on my computer, my only limit would be my hard drive space. Well, thanks for letting me know. How did you find this out, is it written in the game manual? Mine has long since been thrown out-i don't usually read those anyhow.

Zurel_Darrillian

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:34:34 AM »
Most interesting.  I joined the website looking for the answer to this very same question.  Does anybody know what the limit is?  I seriously doubt that my wife still has her manual for this game.

Offline imaplaybaby

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 06:56:09 PM »
Obviously, I wasn't the only one who went on a holiday download binge.  I came here searching for an answer to this very same problem.  After downloading a considerable amount of files (I seem to have an addiction, anyone know any support groups?) my game will not load.  I now know that there is a file limit (eagerly awaiting answer to actual #) and was wondering if there is a way to combine files (sort of make my own "packs") to help overcome this most distressing situation.  I know that I can just remove some of the files, but they are all just so GOOD that I just don't wanna (overcome with weeping).  Kudos to all the wonderful designers and boos and hisses to the programmers (only for this particular failing, the rest of the game is great) for putting such a HORRIBLE limit on my zoos potential.  Any and all advice, suggestions, etc... will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
imaplaybaby

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 01:12:33 AM »
the answers to your question can be found here

rovingcowboy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 07:50:04 AM »
it is also possible to check and see if it is just a booged down cpu.?   before you start the game.

open the task manager and close all the programs that are not needed to run if you are NOT online.  like your av program and your others that monitor your pda's  and things that just sit there waiting until you need them.  all the are doing is taking up resources that your game could use.    you might beable to get your game started and then remove things from your game one at a time until you get it stable again.  

also remember that the more your cpu has to handle in the zoo as in guests, animals, any moving buildings and rides,  all that has to be handled by the cpu and if it is a small cpu then it will crash.  also you that have windows xp need more ram.  windows xp uses ram for its resources  and the more you have the better zoo tycoon will run.  i have 768 mb's on here and it still lockes up after about 4 to 8 real hours of use.  depending on how much is in the zoo map i was playing.  

good luck.

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:39 AM »
I think this question has been answered now, so :closed